Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-27-2010, 11:01 PM   #1 
SummerOj

OH gosh the addiction

lol 3 bettas....my mom doesnt have a problem with how many i have, just that i have three tanks. They did take over my computer desk shlef >.<
but thats beside the point. The other day in wal mart i saw two bettas that really caught my eye. A male and a female. I had no hopes of getting them until i saw Jupiter's 3.3 galllon split.
Okay, my question is, could I split two of my 3.3 gallons? That'd be....1.6 gallons for each betta.
Thing is, its not going to be permanant or anything. I do have plans for a sorority and when its set up I can put the two females into there (with other females of course) and let the new male have 3.3 gallons all to himself. So they would be upgraded say, around May?
Would splitting that be over doing it? Should I just wait or what?
SummerOj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:08 PM   #2 
Jupiter

Well, I orginally had bought Aryen and that Critter Keeper together. I was going to give him the tank to himself, but then my aunt found out and got really mad. My plan was to buy a 5 gallon tank off Craigslist and split it, but since i had no choice, I had to split my 3.3 gallon tank.

My bettas don't seem to have any problems with it. Just be sure to keep up with the water changes! I do two 100% wc weekly.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #3 
veganchick

it would def. be ok temporarily s long as you keep up water changes! Just make sure to change their decor around every once in while so they don't get bored!
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:32 PM   #4 
SummerOj

I'll do that! thanks guys.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:46 PM   #5 
doggyhog

It'd be JUST fine!! I've found that bettas don't get nearly as bored when they have a tank buddy.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:08 PM   #6 
SummerOj

oh yay! I was worried i wouldnt be able to get them. Now i just have to run this by my mom. And hopefully they are there saturday!!!!!!