Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-29-2010, 06:10 PM   #21 
vaygirl

Chirp in our house means something is on the ceiling. If you do it, all my cats look up. Does anyone else's cat do that? I guess in the wild it would mean... "Bird! Look up!" But since we have a ceiling, that's the best they can do.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:24 PM   #22 
MrVampire181

I'm just about to fall asleep when I feel a heavy weight on my arm and the sound of nails scratching plastic, and the only tank next to me is my..............spawning tank. So I kick my cat out. It's a nightly thing.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:39 PM   #23 
dramaqueen
Banned

My cat would knock over stuff on my dresseer to wake me up to let her out of my room. She broke lots of stuff, too.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:07 AM   #24 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post
I don't have a water story but I do have an aquarium story involving my cat Aggie. My husband and I went to an employee party for his work and they sent home coffee mugs full of candy with mylar balloons tied to the handle. I put the mug on my nightstand and he and I went to bed. At about 2 am I hear this god-awful banging noise and I sit up in bed just in time to see Aggie disappear around the corner of the hall with the balloon string wrapped around her leg. The mug was bouncing off either wall and the balloons were trailing behind the whole mess like a banner of stupidity. I jumped up (laughing of course) and ran after her when I heard the sound of glass cracking. She had jumped over the coffee table and the mug swung up and around in an arc, hitting the front of my 20 gallon aquarium that housed my hermit crabs and spider-webbing it. I remember thinking, thank GOD she didn't hit my guppy tank. I still laugh thinking about it. That cat was afraid of balloons for the rest of her doofy life. They really do get into EVERYTHING.
I actually have tears streaming down my face I'm laughing so hard at this. Freakin hilarious.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:46 AM   #25 
Jupiter

I think so vaygirl. My dad used to have a room filled with canaries in the basement, and my cat would spend all day down there chirping at those birds!
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:12 PM   #26 
gahcrazy

the cat videio was funny. bettas have no ideal how small they really are NO FEAR should b thier motto...
gahcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:01 PM   #27 
vaygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romad View Post
I actually have tears streaming down my face I'm laughing so hard at this. Freakin hilarious.
It was pretty much the funniest thing I ever saw. All night, when I'd imagine that scene from the front... and how her face must have looked... I'd get hysterical. I still do.

@Jupiter: I knew it!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:15 PM   #28 
Nikita

my sister's cat made my first betta Ryo commit scuicide by jumping out of his tank, i found him after i came home from school, Poor boy, He was a pretty fish, currently i'm trying to make sure my cat Bagheera will leave Shere Khan (my new Betta) alone.
Nikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:18 PM   #29 
dramaqueen
Banned

If I ever end up inheriting my neighbor's cat, he will NOT be allowed in my room to terrorize my fish.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:46 PM   #30 
SummerOj

My cat watched them once and then wasnt interested anymore, but she does like their food. She prefers to catchs spiders. Ick.
SummerOj is offline   Reply With Quote