Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-30-2010, 09:19 PM   #11 
SummerOj

oh lol. well then your betta will be fine, and your goldfish. What kinda hidey spot is it?
SummerOj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:42 PM   #12 
Nikita

i found this really cute one a walmart, it 's shaped like a coral hill, y'know the lumpy kind? and it's neon rainbow, and small, but he can swim in it so i think it'll be ok.
Nikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:20 PM   #13 
SummerOj

Here's a video of a good split tank, but its split three ways, so if ya find two bettas you love you could do this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUc58nIHqIc&feature=fvw
Old 01-30-2010, 10:28 PM   #14 
Jupiter

Welcome to the forum! Just to sort a few things out:

You'll need a heater for your betta. They sell Tetra heaters that are pre-set to 78 degrees at Walmart. If I remember correctly, they are about $17.

Betta don't NEED a filter, but it will help you a lot with cleaning. Bettas don't NEEd a light. Natural light that they recieve during the day is fine. However, lights are needed if you want to raise plants. Java moss and Java fern are easy beginner plants.
You can also use plastic or silk plants. With plastic plants, make sure they are not sharp enough to rip your betta's fins. Run a pair of pantyhose over them. If they snag or tear, they're not safe to use with your betta.

Betta require a staple diet of pellets. You can give them blood worms as a treat once or twice a week. It's also a good idea to fast them for a day. It's normal if he doesn't eat during the first few days, since he's adjusting to his new home.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:30 PM   #15 
Nikita

WOW!!!! how beautiful!!! ok now i DEFINETLY want a new Betta, right after i get Shere Khan settled in his new tank, and equip him properly.

thanks, for now i'll put him in his new tank after scrubbing it profusely, and cleaning the gravel, i'll buy a heater some cover, and a hood so he dosn't jump out an Bagheera, my cat can't get at him......easily. i'll save up for a filter and light later, till then i'll just have to get my bathroom counter wet. thank you all, if i need more help i'm coming to you guys.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 01-30-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:52 PM   #16 
Nikita

oh! real quick is sand hard to clean? or do you replace it? i have gravel but i like the look of sand.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:28 PM   #17 
SummerOj

I like the look of sand too. But Im not sure how to clean it. I used to have gravel but i got annoyed at all the gunk getting stuck in them so i used river rocks now.
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/sand.php
Old 01-30-2010, 11:30 PM   #18 
D4de

I'd imagine sand would be very hard to clean
D4de is offline   Reply With Quote