Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-01-2010, 10:34 PM   #1 
Avoftw

Arrow Heater recommendation?

I need one for my 2 gallon, and ive gone through 2 tetra up to 3gallon heaters from walmart that were absolutely terrible and didnt work. so do you guys have any suggestions? the one i have in my 3 gallon i got from petco they dont sell it anymore so i dont know what to get. i really need one that works instead of putting my own plug in heater up to the tank so i dont freeze my fish :/ help?
Avoftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:51 PM   #2 
Hadouken441

Its not the best but i bet its better than the walmart tetras. Theres a pad you can buy for your fish at Petsmart for 12 bucks. This is it right here
http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...4687&lmdn=Fish

Its not bad. My tip though is to get the water at the temperature you want it at THEN stick the heater in. I learned that it doesnt heat up cold water but it keeps warm water where you want it to be. My 1 gal hospital tank stays at 80-81
Hadouken441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:30 PM   #3 
spotaflint33

I'm having a similar issue and looking for heater input. I have bought one of the suggested ones using the smaller tank one. It doesn't work well for me but I'm not sure how to get my tank warmer as it sits just below minimum range and outside optimal. I wouldn't recommend it, but I would try talking to the departmental employee at a pet store or check for an aquarium store near you.
spotaflint33 is offline   Reply With Quote