Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-03-2010, 12:43 PM   #11 
Noko

What is the temperature of the water without the heater? I would just keep the heater in his tank for now. My betta gets stressed over stuff like this, but he usually is okay after a day of resting.
Noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:12 PM   #12 
Meg215

Well today will be the 3rd day of him acting like this which I guess is whats worrying me. The temp has been running 70 without and the heater is now keeping it at 76 although it keeps fluctuating down to 74. Apparently its not the best heater because its supposed to keep it at 78 *sigh*
Meg215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:55 AM   #13 
Meg215

Still acting the same. Barely swimming around and hanging in his plant almost all day. No bubblenests! He's eating good but thats the only time he will come out of his plant. He literally will stay in the same position almost all. I did a 100% water change yesterday and the heater is at 78.

What is wrong with him? I'm so sad. :(
Old 02-06-2010, 12:22 PM   #14 
vaygirl

Does he really LOVE his food? I trained mine to enjoy going in his cup by feeding him in it. Right now your fish thinks net= bad things. They're smart, they remember.

I got Tango to eat pellets out of my fingers and from then on he'd follow my finger where ever I led him which was right into a breeder's cup. Then I feed him in there. Cup = food. He still tries to swim away sometimes but he comes right back when I put my finger down and lead him.

Just make sure you hold the cup on it's side, hold it still in the water and let him swim into it, then you tip it up slowly. Don't chase him, make him come to you. It might take some time and patience to master but it's MUCH easier and much less stress. And the clearer the cup, the harder it is for him to see.

How long have you had him?
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:51 AM   #15 
Meg215

I will definitely try that! I actually did use the cup in my most recent water change. I thought it would be hard and he did fight it a little but it was WAY easier then the net. I'm glad you told me that! I'm going to start trying to feed him like that. Only had him a couple weeks now.