Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-28-2010, 10:09 PM   #1 
rubyfire

Question Little girls w/ big girls?

Do you think it would be safe to put my 2 new little girls in with 2 big girls to remake a sorority? Ive had them seperated in the same tank for a couple of days now. Before i got the 2 new girls i had the other 2 big girls with another girl in a sorority together for almost a month.(if that makes sense to you lol)I took the 3rd girl out to condition her for breeding.
I just dont know.Im afraid that the biggest girl would bite the lil girls tails off but at the same time i want to try and see if the lil girls can hold there own. It would be something like this size -- to this ---- (that's not their real sizes just a comparision)
I can't get any pics because i cant seem to find my camera right now but i hope you can understand what i said lol
rubyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:31 PM   #2 
SummerOj

As long as its planted and theres plenty of room, I dont think there should be any major problems. Just watch them for a few days and just be ready to move them out if anything happens.
SummerOj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:44 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

Sometimes the little ones are as aggressive as the big ones. I agree with SummerOj. Keep an eye on them and be ready to take out a troublemaker if you have to.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:52 PM   #4 
rubyfire

OK thanks im going to have to get some more plants then lol so in a couple of days ill try
Old 01-28-2010, 11:18 PM   #5 
Kitch3ntools

i just recently started a sorority (5girls) and my 2nd smallest girl who i got 3-4 days after all the rest of the girls had been in the tank is my alpha and she pushes around my largest girl to let her know whos boss lol luckily theres no more fin nipping and no1 is showing signs of stress :)
Kitch3ntools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:59 PM   #6 
Synthisis

I have 2 baby females (when I got them they were about 3/4" long tip to tail. They actually stick together and swim around with each other and dont seem to mind my larger female.

My last batch of females that all died had issues with each other though.
Synthisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:53 PM   #7 
rubyfire

srry to hear about your girls synthisis.
Well i got some fake ivy plants and put them in the tank. Then i let everyone into the main part of the tank yesterday. So far the lil girls are doing well,no ripped fins. The only problem is comming from my largest female Auqua. She is chasing and nipping at my third largest female Venus. So Venus has some ripped fins but nothing bad.

O and i found my camera
Here's a couple of pics
First pic has the lil girls Terry (left) and Nikkii (right), with a little bit of Venus (top) lol---Second pic is just Nikkii with her unique lil blue spot (looks white in the pic but it's light blue )
Attached Images

Old 01-31-2010, 11:33 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

Very pretty girls!! I love the green one.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:15 PM   #9 
rubyfire

Thanks that's Venus :)
Well I had to seperate Nikkii because she had 2 big rips in her bottom fin and a couple of tares in her tail. The other lil girl is holding her own quite well, I dont think there is any rips in her fins. Otherwise Aqua is still the head leader of the tank and chases Venus around still but still nothing too bad.