Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-03-2010, 04:07 PM   #11 
Noko

My betta has never built a bubble nest. I think it not only depends on the environment, but the betta. I know that even when my betta is swimming around happy, and looks like he is having a great time, he doesn't stop showing off to make a bubble nest. I am sure there is more to a betta making a bubble nest other than being happy and healthy.
Noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:56 PM   #12 
kelly528

There are many reasons why labyrinths bubblenest. Fish at a petstore are stuck right beside each other and feel the need to 'stake' their territory.

Likewise if you clean a betta's tank and the bubblenest is destroyed or if the decor is out of place he will want to make his claim on his 'new' territory.

Furthermore if the fish is in distress it will want to hide which distracts from bubblenesting. Then again if you are providing a stimulating environment with enough things to do he will also be distracted from bubblenesting.

Last edited by kelly528; 02-03-2010 at 05:59 PM.
kelly528 is offline   Reply With Quote