Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-17-2010, 05:29 PM   #1 
MissMeg

Best Filter & Heater for 2gal tank

Ok, so we went to Pestmart today, and they had CT's!! WOO! But, I didn't get one, I want to get my tank up and running first. Anyway, I was looking for filters and heaters, but I'd like you guy's opinions on the best heater & filter for a 2 gal tank. It's a hex.(ps...dont worry, I might splurge and get another tank, a 2.5gal or larger depending on how much $$ I have when I go to get the fish and filter and heater) Thanks!
MissMeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:07 PM   #2 
Scienceluvr8

I would recommend the Red Sea Nano Filter, it does a great job in my 2.5 gallon minibow. As for heaters, I don't have one yet so I can't really comment on that.
Scienceluvr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:31 PM   #3 
MissMeg

Do you think I'd be OK without a heater for a little while? I mean, we've got a heating pad, maybe I can put that underneith on low at night when its coldest up in my room? I'd really rather spend the $ on a glass 2.5gal and let him have more room ya know? At least until I start working more.

Just checked online at Petsmart, they don't cary it =( does anyone have any suggestions for one from Petsmart? I'd love something on the small, quite side =)

Last edited by dramaqueen; 01-17-2010 at 11:51 PM.
MissMeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:14 AM   #4 
unlimitedx

I just bought this heater from a petsmart today: Marineland Thermal Plastic Shatterproof Heater - 10 Watt - Heating - Fish - PetSmart
unlimitedx is offline   Reply With Quote