Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-01-2011, 01:36 PM   #1 
Princess Penny

New marble guy!

Well I ended up putting the original filter back on my 6.6gal so I had an extra filter and an extra heater. I figured that since I already had those things, and plenty of extra decor, if I ever wanted to get another betta all I would need is the fish and the tank itself...

So I went to Petco today on my way home, to see if they had any nice bettas. This really cute little marble guy caught my eye, and he seemed healthy so I took him home! :) I'm hoping that I will have better luck with him than the last betta I got there, who died in QT. Ammo is also from the same store though and he's doing great so I'm not really sure what to expect... I hope he does ok! I also bought a critter keeper and set up his own tank so hopefully that will help prevent anything from happening to him.

The water I put in the tank is a little too warm so I haven't been able to put him in yet, but I'm excited! He's so cute and I hope he likes his new home. I put the moss ball and banana lily from Ammo's tank in there so he even has a couple of plants too. I hope to eventually get him an anubias or something as well.

New guy and his future home!

Cutie! Need to think of a name!
Princess Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:50 PM   #2 
betaguy

Love the tank and the fish. i think i may invest in a kritter keeper. my fish was labellad a half moon and looking at urs they are almost the same conformation so i guess i have a DT.
betaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:50 PM   #3 
freeflow246

Oh my goodness, he is ADORABLE! XD I love his 'eyeliner' lol.
I'd call him Emo, but I almost named Jalen Sushi, so I go for the silly names lol. :P
freeflow246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:10 PM   #4 
fightergirl2710

He's adorable! He should be calle Panda-chan lol! And I love what you've done with the KK!
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:32 PM   #5 
Princess Penny

I didn't notice his eyeliner lol! Maybe I will call him Emo, then I'd have Emo and Ammo XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaguy View Post
Love the tank and the fish. i think i may invest in a kritter keeper. my fish was labellad a half moon and looking at urs they are almost the same conformation so i guess i have a DT.
Yeah I was going to try and get a 2.5 gallon glass tank but Petco didn't have any and these are 3 gallons so just as good! They had some in the fish section for $12.99 and the same thing, only with a green lid (instead of blue) in the reptile section for $11.99 so I saved myself a dollar lol. I really like it so far, it's a great little tank for a betta! Oh and, sometimes it's hard to tell between deltas and halfmoons unless they are flaring ;)
Old 10-01-2011, 02:42 PM   #6 
Leeniex

I love him!!!!
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:44 PM   #7 
betaguy

makes sense considering mine doesnt really recognize the mirror and never even looked at it...
betaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:56 PM   #8 
Bambi

Yeah the only way to tell the difference between a superdelta and a halfmoon is to have him flare and see if his tail goes the the whole 180.

Cute tank:)

I love the larger critter keepers xD The ones that hold 2 or more gallons are great homes and i keep 1gallons and under for jarring fry and QT tanks.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:03 PM   #9 
Littlebittyfish

I bought my yellow guy as a delta, but he flares up into halfmoon...when he's not nomming his fin down all the way... :P

I love that kritter keeper I have the same one and it holds right at 3 gallons.Perfect size! Your new betta is gorgeous!
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:33 PM   #10 
Princess Penny

Yeah it is perfect, and he seems to really like it :) Been swimming around a lot and exploring everything! Here he is resting on the leaf hammock for a brief moment :P