Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-04-2010, 05:56 AM   #1 
igotthemidastouch

Wink new member, proud betta owner :D

Hello all, I'm a new member to this site but I have been frequenting it for many weeks now and have got a lot of great advice from it, thank you!

I live in Melbourne, Australia and recently bought my new betta fish (Bernard Finning ) on the misguided information that they could live happily in a small bowl of water etc. I originally purchased a fairly big bowl for my betta (as seen in my avatar pic with my cat Ryley) but have found out through the rich information here that it was still not ideal.

Today I purchased a 20 litre (just over 5 gallons) fish tank that included a panoramic front, slow running filter system, and an overhead light. I also purchased a 25 watt adjustable heater which is currently running on 80 degrees F. and put a half ceramic garden pot into the tank to provide a cave.

Since I have put my Bernard in his new tank he has become ecstatic! He swims all over the place and is no longer most of the time placid like. I am very happy with his new environment as I think he is a better off fish

Attached Images

igotthemidastouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:35 AM   #2 
Iamtracy

wow, nice!
My cat and betta are buds too.
Iamtracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:00 AM   #3 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Hello and welcome to the forum. You've done a great job of making sure your fish will thrive. He's a good looking boy.

It looks to me like he has a little fin rot (last picture). True?
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:22 AM   #4 
louu

what a cutie! and ilove his name :D

and i wanna say good on you for dishing out the extra cash for a proper home he will love you forever for it!

could i ask what type of tank is it? Im looking for perminent homes for two little fishies once i move.
louu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:16 AM   #5 
igotthemidastouch

louu, his tank is a Vitapet tank that I purchased from Big W, it is a Marine Master Panoramic Aquarium, link here -> http://www.marinemaster.com.au/Ourpr...6/Default.aspx

Romad, are you referring to the tiny spec of white on his top at the very beginning of his fins? because i was a tad concerned about that too but i'm not too sure. My brother has a large tropical 5 foot aquarium with all the necessary first aid requirements so maybe I will ask him to take a look?

Iamtracy, hehe love your avatar pic of your cats paw on the glass, my cat has been known to do that as well
igotthemidastouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:45 AM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum. Your tank is very nice!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:36 PM   #7 
kelly528

Aww.... I still remember moving Lou from his bowl to the 5g and watching him zoom around the tank-- I'd never seen him swim that fast!
kelly528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:03 PM   #8 
louu

what a lucky fish! that tank is HUGE!! haha :D
louu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:34 AM   #9 
BettaxFishxCrazy

He's very pretty and your tank is amazing!
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote