Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-04-2010, 07:28 PM   #1 
bonfiliof

Thanks to this forum

I have been lurking these forums for quite sometime. We just "upgraded" our betta from a 1.5 gal tank to a 10 gal tank. He really did not like the temp flux in the winter time and it was to the point where I was putting a space heater by his tank during the day.

We are fish noobies and with the info I have gathered here our "Nemo" as our daughter calls him, seems to be much happier in his new 10 gal tank with a heater. And today we introduced 4 corys to the mix and they seem to be doing fine. He still isn't really eating and is hanging at the top of the tank but he is much more active. Once I regulate the flow on the filter (I got one of those all in one Top Finn setups of tank, heater and filter) but the filter has not flow control...which kind of stinks since even the 1.5 gal cheapo tank had a filter with control on it. Hopefully he will move around a bit more since he seems to hate the output of the filter.

Regardless, thanks for all the great information you guys put out. I really look forward to moving forward to bigger and better tanks in the future.
bonfiliof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:35 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm glad that you were able to find the information you need here. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:21 PM   #3 
kelly528

Glad we could help!
kelly528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:37 PM   #4 
Betta Fish Bob
Banned

Woo-hoo! A newbie that did the research and then upgraded the condition of their fish's life!

Kudos to you. You are already doing better than most betta owners ever will. And you are right, the knowledge from the betta lovers on this forum is awesome. I pick up new tips and tricks all the time.

Congrats, and now that you are no longer lurking, CHAT! lol.
Betta Fish Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:30 PM   #5 
bonfiliof

Thanks, although I am a little concerned with my betta. The temp of the water has been 78-79 for the past 2 days, he just hangs at the top, although he is moving more than in the old tank with the temp fluxuation. He hasn't eaten in about 2 weeks, and his color is a little washed out in the middle of his body. I am hoping he bounces back, we have had him for 2 years this May.
bonfiliof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:42 PM   #6 
FishyFood

I am also new to these forums. :D Just by browsing around, I have found sooo much useful information that could help me out when adding in fish into my new tank I got recently. This site is awesome!
FishyFood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:57 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

Welcome, FishyFood! :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:30 AM   #8 
FuulieQ

Have you tried rubber-banding an extra filter cartridge over the output part of it?

I did that with my 5 gallon froggie tank since they don't like strong current and it seems absolutely perfect for them. :) I think I actually got that advice on this site, now that I try to remember where I heard it... or maybe that was the pantyhose suggestion... which also worked, but that pantyhose over the filter gets pretty gross quickly, so I think the extra cartridge is better.
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote