Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-06-2010, 07:00 PM   #1 
DragonFish

Tank Renovation, a 'New' Sorority

After MUCH careful thought and consideration, I decided to take the risk and go ahead, redo my 50 gallon, and add in my 5 girls(Mira passed away this past week of SBD....)
Anyway, heres the finished product :)

And before I get bombed, yes there is a single adult Koi Angel and a female Honey Gourami in there. No, I do NOT and will NEVER recommend people putting their bettas with Angels and/or Gouramis. I've had both Angel and Gourami since they were young(both are now adults)and I know them and their temperaments both VERY well. And on top of that, I'm watching VERY closely and am prepared if I see any aggression.
NEVER attempt this unless your a more experienced fish keeper, are prepared for the worst, and know your fish well.

And now that thats over with....so far things seem to be going fine, both Angel and Gourami seem confused and curious, but not aggressive. Most of the bickering is going on between eh girls as they establish a new pecking order, but they seem pleased with all the extra space ;)

And my previous 20 gallon long Sorority now had Jirou in it and he seems VERY pleased with having 20 gallons to himself xD Eventually that will be divided(providing all stays well in the 50), but I haven't told Jirou that yet ;)
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:18 PM   #2 
CodeRed

It looks amazing! Hope everything goes well with the sorority (:
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:36 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

It looks very nice!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:04 PM   #4 
BettaxFishxCrazy

It looks great!
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:31 PM   #5 
DragonFish

Thanks guys! xD

Gah, I'm disliking that picture the more I look at it though >_<; I never get good full tank shots....
Old 02-07-2010, 12:57 PM   #6 
puppyrjjkm

Nice tank. I wouldn't worry about the girls with angels/gouramis. My 50 gallon has my 5 girls, 2 angels, 2 gold gouramis, 1 pearl gourami, pleco, rainbow shark, tetras. And a bunch of other fish, I've had no problems what so ever and they've been together 5+ months. Good luck with your new tank! :)
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:44 PM   #7 
DragonFish

lol, well theres always a chance there may be trouble....you never know.
Actually, it looks like Temari(my honey Gourami)is starting to focus in on Winry(I'm guessing its because they're the same color, and shes mistaking her for another Gourami)So I may have to remove one of them....but I'll give it a little longer and see. No damage has been done yet....
Old 02-07-2010, 01:58 PM   #8 
KappaFish

i really like your fish tank! Did you think of putting those pots in your self? That was very creative!!!!!!
KappaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:26 PM   #9 
DragonFish

lol, Thanks! Haha, I can't take credit for the idea of using clay pots....its a cheap decoration idea passed down from aquarium keeper to aquarium keeper. I'm very fond of the natural look they have though, so I use them in several of my tanks ;)