Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-05-2010, 06:20 PM   #11 
sme3mis

Your kidding me??? The red one is suppose to b a crowntail female??? And the blue one is suppose to be a male??? So I have 2 males???? bummer!!!!
sme3mis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:24 PM   #12 
DragonFish

Well I couldn't see the other pictures to tell....but that first one is definitely a Crowntail male.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:07 PM   #13 
Noko

Well, if you were to breed them, you would possibly have hundreds of babies that you might not be able to care for. This is if one of them were actually a female. BTW how big is your tank? Please tell me it's not one of those really small ones. I just saw that you aid it could be divided, so I immediately thought of the small one my cousin used to have her betta in.

The easiest way to tell is by how long all the fins are. Sometimes this won't work (if it's a PK it might be harder to tell for people like me XD). Also, if there is a white egg spot. Some males have this spot though, so it's not a definite way of telling.
Noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:14 PM   #14 
BettaxFishxCrazy

I can't see the other pictures either but the red one is definitely a male CT. IMO breeding bettas is an art. You need lots of time and money before you can even think about breeding. When I started out, I thought it would be cool to breed but than I researched it and discovered it was a lot more involved than I thought. My boyfriend told me that when we move into a house together, he wouldn't mind it if I decided to breed. I can't believe he said that because he thinks I'm crazy to own 19 bettas.lol If you have the time and money and you can find homes for the 100+ fry than I would advise you to research it fully. Bettas are extremely hard to breed because the male could kill the female, or the female could kill the male depending on the temperment.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:16 PM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

Breeding bettas isn't as easy as some people may think. Some people get lucky on the first spawn and others try and try and have all sorts of problems.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote