Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-05-2010, 09:45 PM   #21 
flying fish

Location: On the tree with the Rabid Chipmunk in the Canadian Rocky Mountains.
Lol,
well,I cant do much about it now.
Ill have to let what happen happen right now,
I cant really afford anything else right now, and they fry seem to be hanging out.
flying fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:49 PM   #22 
Tragedy

Hah yea, not your fault =P
Tragedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:21 PM   #23 
Jupiter

Welcome back! I actually lost Aigis this time, for real. but as you can see, I have a few new members!

So you are keeping the guppies? Good luck with those! My dad keeps some guppies and mollies in a tank, they are breeding 24/7. :P
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:05 PM   #24 
veganchick

I like guppies, but they are so mean! They bite eachothers fins, harrass eachother, and freak out when they have no other guppies in the tank with them!
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:00 AM   #25 
Tragedy

Yours bite each others fins?? That's weird! Are they in a tank with a female? Normally the males get along peacefully until a female is brought in. Of course there are the exceptions, hm.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:07 AM   #26 
CodeRed

Welcome back, again! (: A LOT more new members around here, which I'm sure you can see if you look around :P A couple of the older members, like myself, haven't been posting as much, but they/we do occasionally pop up again. Some of them, though, are still going strong xD
Check out Doggyhog's new HM if you can. You might want to go to her page directly from her profile, since it's probably farr back in the pictures by now. He's a stunner, and everyone loves him (: Of course, many people got more bettas who are equally, but I keep thinking about Doggy's HM xD He's too pretty. Besides, I like the color combination. xD
Anyways, just check around and you should get caught up fairly easily- just the same old same old around here.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:38 AM   #27 
BakaMandy

Have you tried going to the dollar store?

I know the a lot of the dollar stores in my area sell Tupperware containers that are roughly 1 gallon for like.. $1.25. I bought a bunch for temporary holding containers when doing water changes or hospital tanks. All I did was cut a few holes in the top and it works like a charm :)

>A< Guppies and Mollies are so tempting to buy... they come in so many interest colours and patterns... too bad they don't get along well with female bettas, or else I would probably grab a few >_>

Last edited by BakaMandy; 02-06-2010 at 12:41 AM.
BakaMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 02:12 AM   #28 
flying fish

Thanks for all your suggestions guys!
Its really nice to talk to you all again.
Im sorry about Aigis, at least she had some extra time.
You know, If theyre all boys -the babies- I think Ill sell the female, and keep a tank full of them.
The daddys yellow, and mamas grey.
Cant wait to see the colors!
-sarcastic happydance-
Old 02-06-2010, 02:16 AM   #29 
Tragedy

lol flying fish, you can always just sell the females (: Down here females sell for $2 each and when I was breeding I'd sell my culls for 50 cents each (females) or $1 each (males).

Yea gray is a pretty common female color for pet store females, but in the showing business some people have females that look prettier than males O_O It's crazy! hahaha

My red boy was the daddy of my babies, and his girl was a grey with a tinge of red. They produced mostly red fry (most common color, really) but my favorite one (and one of the two still alive!) is yellow with BLACK at the tip of his fins! His brother is red and looks identical to him minus colors. They're back at home, though, so I can't take any pictures (sad day! D:!!)
Old 02-06-2010, 03:20 AM   #30 
flying fish

Haha,
Im wondering what to do with preggers right now.
I am not ready for this, already.
Tommorow, Im going to go see if I can sell her to a pet store -haha, fat chance- and maybe buy a couple more males, and a few tetras, Ive only got like, brown, white and grey colors in my tank right now.
Bleh.

And as for the babies, I ground a tony peice of a flake and am trying to figure out how to open the box.
Wil they be alright for a bit? They still have a bit of a belly.

Theyre so pretty