Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-05-2010, 11:57 PM   #11 
Jupiter

Pretty fish! I am in love with Penelope!
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:58 PM   #12 
Tragedy

Sad as it is, dramaqueen, sometimes we must accept that it's that or nothing. I'm just glad I didn't get different tanks without a filter and only have to do a water change once a week instead of twice a week XD

Thanks guys!!
Tragedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:42 AM   #13 
Tragedy

Ugh!!!

My heater in my new tank isn't working!!

The water was 84 when I put it in and it's the same heater in my other tank so I set it to the same setting (79) so I knew it shouldn't have came on, but I just looked at the temp and it's down to 74!! I'm so mad! I have no way to get to the store until SUNDAY!! Ugh!! -cranks up her heat- I guess I'll suffer if it will keep my fishies safe. I'm so mad!!
Old 02-06-2010, 12:46 AM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

That IS annoying when a heater won't work.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:48 AM   #15 
Tragedy

I might walk to the store tomorrow and replace it. Who cares that it's on the other side of town? I'm so angry right now, grrr!

I've bought 3 heaters before this one from the same store, so I know it's not the store, but probably just the heater. But still! Soooo angry! -sigh-
Old 02-06-2010, 01:59 AM   #16 
Tragedy

These frogs are giving me a run for my money!

First they were really cute, then they were funny (story below), now they're irritating!

Okay here's the funny story-

I was watching the frogs and Dumbo shot up to take a breath of air, well when he went back down he blew out an air bubble. The bubble floated up and hit Bleud, who proceeded to FREAK OUT!! It was quite hilarious =))) I was laughing for a long time!

And now, not so funny:

Well I always look my fish over before leaving the room, so I did that, everything was in order. I left for MAYBE 10 minutes, and came back and did a head count (I'm being paranoid tonight due to having so many new fishies), and couldn't find one of the frogs!! I know he couldn't be hiding anywhere but the plants because Bleud's side only has the plants to hide in, so I was like 'oh crud'. Then it hit me that I had seen him climbing up the barrier before, and since they can hop...

Sure enough, I looked into Reid's tank and there was Tiny!! He was in the corner just a happy little camper. Now some of you may not think this is a big deal, but my plan was to have 2 ADF's for Bleud and then get Ghost Shrimps (there was none at Petsmart, o_O) for the rest of them, and I'm pretty sure I read that ADF's EAT Ghost Shrimps, so this can be a problem in the future! I don't know what I'll do, especially if they BOTH decide to go back and forth... Goodness me.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:39 AM   #17 
Tinthalas Tigris

TRAGEDY!!!!

Please do yourself, your fish, and myself a HUGE favor.

either 1) Seal up the whole in yoru Terra Cotta clay pot, or 2) Hammer out the bottom and make the hole MUCH MUCH bigger.

Your fishy WILL get stuck in it and become pinned (at the LEAST) if you do not. My most attractive betta became severely maimed because I threw caution to the wind when I put a terra cotta pot in my own tank without compensating for the size of that whole and my betta's curiousity.

please, please, PLEASE do this.
Tinthalas Tigris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:16 AM   #18 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Pretty fish. Penelope is so tiny and adorable.

For the unnamed boy, I'd go with Ash or Smokey cuz of the greyish hues.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:46 PM   #19 
Tragedy

Tin-

Wooah there. My fish doesn't even go into the pot. But if it freaks you out that much, ok I will. Is the aquarium glue ok for sealing it? I'd have to leave it out for 48 hours, which is why I didn't seal the dividers, because I needed to put my fish into the tank...

Romad -

He's not mine, so I can't name him, but I'll tell my friend =P Penelope say's thank you, lol
Old 02-06-2010, 01:56 PM   #20 
Tragedy

OK I have it out, just need to know if the sealant is OK to use before I use it..