Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-07-2010, 01:17 AM   #21 
carguy123

well so far im planning about 7 f bettas probably probably like 2 or 3 corries and 2 ghost shrimp.

ya already know not to clean the inside of the tank with cleaners and stuff (except for viniger) how about the outside part of the grass.
carguy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:47 AM   #22 
vaygirl

Corys need to be in groups of three or more or they get stressed out, so I'd do three? Or four if you can swing it. My corys pair off I noticed, two and two. I used to have three but two were always together and one was always alone, so I picked up one more.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:25 PM   #23 
carguy123

well what if i only get two because I dont want bunch of corries in my tank ( I mean i want to maximize my fish capacity with different types of fish so there will be buch of either fish with them).

Oh and about the heater is there anything wrong with having a old heater? because I dont really want to invest in a new heater!!!
Old 02-07-2010, 08:25 PM   #24 
vaygirl

They need to school. Get something else that doesn't mind being in singles or in small numbers. If you just keep 2, they'll be stressed out, prone to illness, and you might lose them.

Like I said, I'm not sure if the heater is old. If it works, then it works. If it doesn't, you might get a jolt when you stick your hand in the water. The way the old ones worked, there was a little light and you'd turn the heater on until the water reached the temp you wanted and then you'd dial down until the light flickered and that would set the temp.

Did the person you got the tank from say it worked? It doesn't look submersible so just make sure and keep the top above the waterline. If it has any info on it at all maybe you can google it and find out what kind it is and such.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:03 PM   #25 
carguy123

well i just bought a heater for about like 30 deneros!!!! and if the old one does work im deffinantly taking it back

I got couple of more questions

1 i just bought couple of plants water wisteria, amazon sword, and kyoto grass they are kinda dying but they were for half off thats why i got them. Do i need any fertilizer for them or would they do fine just in sand?
2 Im planning to plant the plants after i wash my tank with viniger and rinse it couple of time with water is that ok or should i put the aqua cleaner in?
3 I got some terrecota pots do they need to be like specially washed or can i just rinse them in regular water.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:39 PM   #26 
vaygirl

Kyoto grass isn't aquatic and it will die after a while under the water. They sell those for terrariums. Water wisteria seems to grow no matter what you do to it. I'm not familair with amazon swords, so I can't help there.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:03 PM   #27 
carguy123

ya i did some reseaching the about the koyoto plant and found out it wasnt true aquaruim plant so i took it back for some amazon sword.

how fast does water wisteria grow? do i even have the right one? (left on the picture those little plants)

Im planning to get a school(5) of long fin zebra danios instead of corries do you think they are compatible with bettas

oh ya i decided to keep the new filter because the old one didnt seem fit to heat the tank and plus i had problems of it adequatly (i think it should be used for smaller tanks like 10g< . Oh ya last question my old heater did not have a suction cup to put it against the wall. DO you know were i can buy a suction cup with like a ring to fight around it so the heater would stay in place?
Attached Images

Last edited by carguy123; 02-10-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:00 PM   #28 
dramaqueen
Banned

They should have those rings with suction cups at the petstore. I know my Petsmart has them.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:53 PM   #29 
vaygirl

That doesn't look like my wisteria but there might be different kinds? I'm not positive about that. Maybe someone else will recognize it. If not, I have a plant book, I'll see if I can find what that is.