Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Contests
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-17-2014, 01:05 PM   #1 
Araielle

Arrow Companion Quirks Contest

Please read this entire post before entering this contest.

This is not an official BettaFish.com contest. The forum staff are not involved in any way. Feel free to ask questions in the thread. I will answer them ASAP.
I got permission for this contest by Perseusmom.

Do you have a fish, snail, frog or any other aquatic or semi-aquatic companion that has a quirk that you want to show off? What is it that you find endearing, fun or different about your pet? If it's a couple that ineract, that's fine, too, just as long as it is one quirk!

Contest Dates:
Entries will be accepted from Monday, March, 17th through Friday, April 4th.
If it comes down to minutes, we will use the site's time (scroll to the bottom of the page to see time). Any post the site says is on April 5th or later will not be considered. Winners will be announced as soon as I get all votes tallied. We should have a winner no later than Wednesday, April 16th.

How to enter:
Post ONE video or up to THREE pictures (that you took) of your companion along with a short description/story about it. Please make sure the videos & images remain available until after the winners are announced.
NOTE – By entering, you agree to be a judge & be able to receive & respond to any messages from me about this contest. Non-response (within 3 days of being messaged) will result in disqualification.

Judging:
Within the week after April 4th, contestants will be messaged, requesting a review of all entries and a vote. Please vote based on what you find endearing in the other entries. You will NOT be able to vote for yourself in this contest. All votes will come to me & be tallied on a spreadsheet which I will post a picture of. It will not show who voted for who. If there is a tie, I will cast a vote to break it. If you want to vote, you must enter the contest.

Winners/Prizes:
There will be 2 places. Winners will need to provide information to me via note only, such as email address or shipment receiving address for prizes.
- 1st Place: $50 by way of winner's choice
- 2nd Place: $25 by way of winner's choice
(Winners will be able to choose between a PETSMART gift card [requires USPS receiving address], PETCO gift card [requires email address], DOCTORS FOSTER & SMITH gift certificate [requires email address] or PayPal gift [requires paypal email address].)

I can't wait to see what you post! Good luck!

Last edited by Araielle; 03-17-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Araielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:39 PM   #2 
Artemis

Can it be a group of fish or just one individual?
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:20 PM   #3 
Araielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Can it be a group of fish or just one individual?
It can be more than one just as long as you're showing just one quirk. Judgement will be on the most endearing actions of these companions rather than the looks of the fish itself (or themselves..lol).
Old 03-17-2014, 11:35 PM   #4 
BettaBabyBoo

This looks like a very cute contest! I'll have to see if I can get a video of Falkor doing his "give me food human" dance
BettaBabyBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:08 AM   #5 
Betta Nut

OK, I happen to have a video of my betta's quirk :)

Remy is a pretty laid back guy. He likes to chill out and rest his fins on his plants, so he is conveniently close to the surface, where he can leisurely make a somewhat unimpressive bubble nest.

He's proud of that nest though, and wants to make sure I can see his skillz!

So, when his snail has the audacity to somewhat obstruct the view, he gets a tad bit miffed.

The snail is only in trouble if he's on the front. He gets ignored as long as he stays away from the front. But oh boy, if he gets there, it's time to try and wipe him off with a tail!

Of course, the snail is oblivious to it all and keeps on truckin', omnom nom nom!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxCKkEN1Wmo
Betta Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:13 AM   #6 
Araielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Nut View Post

Remy is a pretty laid back guy. He likes to chill out and rest his fins on his plants, so he is conveniently close to the surface, where he can leisurely make a somewhat unimpressive bubble nest.

So, when his snail has the audacity to somewhat obstruct the view, he gets a tad bit miffed.

The snail is only in trouble if he's on the front. He gets ignored as long as he stays away from the front. But oh boy, if he gets there, it's time to try and wipe him off with a tail!

Of course, the snail is oblivious to it all and keeps on truckin', omnom nom nom!

This was fantastic! He's quite pretty, too. Thank you for entering.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:32 PM   #7 
Artemis

Here is the family betta Finley playing chase. He loves the laser pointer and likes to play "Flare and Chase" He gets a reward of 1-2 pellets afterward so he doesn't get frustrated for his hard work XD It's not the best quality but it's what I can get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVJsW52niHs

*I was going to show the guppy babies chasing the laser (it's adorable) but it's only one fish at a time.
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:45 AM   #8 
Dakieda

Not sure if its a quirk or not, but Arturo learned to go through a hoop. Now keep in mind that there is nothing on my finger, he is simply following it! He gets pellets when he completes it successfully. He did it the first time, within the span of a minute.

http://youtu.be/ESLFPcaJqQQ

And my newest girl, Melusine, does this very cute thing when she is gulping air from the surface! Instead of just putting her head up, she also lifts her tailfin. I love the way she does it and I think its so cute and interesting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEN4fy7QvgI
Dakieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:40 AM   #9 
PoissonsMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Nut View Post

OMG that's 2 funny!! Remy is determined 2 get ALL the attention... No spotlight 4 snaily!! Luv it!! Thx 4 sharing this vid.... Totally made my day

Last edited by PoissonsMom; 03-19-2014 at 02:44 AM. Reason: I have a dumb smartphone that likes 2 auto-correct as I'm submitting a post = all kinds of typos & omissions! sorry :-/
PoissonsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:58 AM   #10 
Araielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakieda View Post
Not sure if its a quirk or not, but Arturo learned to go through a hoop. Now keep in mind that there is nothing on my finger, he is simply following it! He gets pellets when he completes it successfully. He did it the first time, within the span of a minute.

http://youtu.be/ESLFPcaJqQQ

And my newest girl, Melusine, does this very cute thing when she is gulping air from the surface! Instead of just putting her head up, she also lifts her tailfin. I love the way she does it and I think its so cute and interesting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEN4fy7QvgI
These are great! Heh..which one would you like to use as your entry?

Tags
aquatic, contest, gift, prize, win