Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Contests
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-23-2014, 07:06 PM   #21 
Tree

Oh this looks like fun! 8D and everyone has such cool videos and photos!

Here is my video of Sardine below. He always acts all tough when my finger comes to the glass. And he struts his fins at my finger. I wonder what he is thinking? Maybe looking all buff to keep my finger away from his home? Or showing off to get some food and or treats. Sardine's silly one gill flairs out while it takes a while for the right one to open up. Every time I go to his tank, Sardine always comes out of his hiding place wanting food and to flair at my finger. The rest of my three bettas all come out of hiding but Sardine is the only one that flairs for attention. =P

https://plus.google.com/104680098748...ts/3LZFyQ8BLnR
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:04 PM   #22 
Agent13
Reference Team

I have a juvenile ornate bichir that has befriended the oddest choice if fish given his size and aggression. His BFF is a clown pleco that's full grown at about 1.5inches and the bichir is 10inches and less then half grown. They've been friends for so long I don't worry . My bichir eats any bottom feeder he can .. Even young fat 3-4" clown loaches yet not his buddy !
His latest cuteness aside from always hanging out together is now the bichir has perfected the art of shoving his face against the glass as best he can like a pleco .
Here are pics of the crazy odd couple

Name:  ImageUploadedByPetGuide1395622958.046899.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  32.9 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPetGuide1395622995.699781.jpg
Size:  37.3 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPetGuide1395623044.882365.jpg
Size:  36.4 KB

Sent from Petguide.com App
Agent13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:36 PM   #23 
Artemis

That's adorable. Maybe the plecos armor helps him out? But the glass thing is just weird. Without that I would be all "That fish just hasn't eaten him yet, no friendship" but he looks like he's mimicking a pleco for sure :D
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:26 AM   #24 
ricepattyfish5

lol that is too funny and adorable!!! that reminds me of Iggy -- only he doesn't mimic Snowflake lol!!
ricepattyfish5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:53 AM   #25 
Araielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricepattyfish5 View Post
It's no fancy video like everyone else, but this is Iggy and clearly he is not happy that I am looking at him and his friend, Snowflake. I go up to him, he flares. I back away, he stops. Up -- flare. Away -- normal. I do this for like ten minutes before he realizes that I wont do anything to his precious Snowflake!!
He's just mad cause there is a bear in his house..lol. J/k..this is so cute, though! He actually looks angry. Such a pretty boy!
Araielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:57 AM   #26 
ricepattyfish5

Haha!!!! Thank you!! Yeah he always has his angry eyes on and he always acts up haha!! He likes his territory and all that inhabits it and doesn't like any intruders unless they bring him a pellet offering. Lol!!
ricepattyfish5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:28 PM   #27 
Agent13
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
That's adorable. Maybe the plecos armor helps him out? But the glass thing is just weird. Without that I would be all "That fish just hasn't eaten him yet, no friendship" but he looks like he's mimicking a pleco for sure :D

I used to wonder if it was a case of the bichir not eating him yet.. But I've given that therapy up by now. My bichir is 2 times as big as the day they first met a long time ago. They used to sleep together in the same decoration in a 75g so out of curiosity I removed it and sure enough they both moved to the same plant in the back of the tank and always follow eachother around. When they sit together like that they'll both scoot closer to eachother . I have soooo many other pics of this but was following the 3 pic rule
I'm very curious if this odd relationship will continue once I transfer them to their 225g

Sent from Petguide.com App
Agent13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:37 PM   #28 
Araielle

I have a few shrimp in Vex's tank & a large red ramshorn snail. That snail gets around pretty quick & the shrimp like to take rides on his shell..lol. I've been trying to get pics forever, but the shrimp always swim away.
Araielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:35 PM   #29 
BettaLover1313

This happened very recently, but I have noticed it with my betta ever since I added Nerite Snails to the tank. Dragoon, my dark copper DSPK has a fascination with other species. For instance, when I first put his Nerite Snail in the tank, he didn't attack the cup the snail was in (unlike his tank-mate, Merlin). He just stared at it. When it was released, he followed it around and got defensive of it after awhile.

Now, this was the most adorable thing I'd ever seen from either Dragoon, or my cat, Renji. They were both fascinated with each other, but Dragoon kept coming over to him and just resting on the side the cat was on. It was adorable! So here are the pictures:

BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:27 PM   #30 
Sabina88

I thought id try entering :)
My male betta who ive had for a think 2-3 weeks always likes to shove himself onto the floating amazon sword in his tank, or somewhere on his silk plants, or on the top of the heater to rest/sleep. But he does it in a interesting way, he does little fishy "press ups". He keeps on fin closed and on his side, while the other is opened straight and pressed against what ever he is resting or sleeping on.
Sorry the photo isn't great, its dark and I woke him before I could take more

Name:  Adamantium 5.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  27.6 KB
Sabina88 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquatic, contest, gift, prize, win