Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Contests
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-26-2014, 10:20 PM   #31 
maystable

Aww.... Gotta see if I can catch a picture or video of my fishies doing their wired little thing.....
maystable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:34 PM   #32 
Araielle

One more week to post your entries. I am really enjoying seeing all of these cute, silly pets. :) Thank you all for your entries so far.
Araielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:42 PM   #33 
Seki

I would love to enter! I have a bit of an odd pairing simply because it's two bettas!

I was beyond excited when I found my longfinned female, Orchid, at a Petco for only $1. I HAD to get her and put her into my sorority as my sort of crown jewel. Little did I know how quickly she'd make a friend! After QTing her for a couple of weeks, I put her into a breeder's box in the sorority, so that she and the other girls could see each other and get used to each other with a wall of plastic between them to discourage aggression.

I left the room, came back, and was shocked to find my chocolate female, Hershey, INSIDE the breeder's box with Orchid! I scooped her back out into the main tank, but a little while later, I heard a splash in the tank and looked up to see she had jumped in again! I was worried there would be aggression in such a small space, so I once again scooped Hershey out, but she wasted no time jumping back in again about ten minutes later.

So I left them be and watched them closely. I was surprised to find there was not even a hint of aggression. In fact, I think Hershey felt safer and happier in the breeder's box with Orchid than she did in the main tank! I let them be for a while and then released them into the tank together. They palled around until Hershey's death a couple months ago.

http://s17.photobucket.com/user/Asek...c8de8.mp4.html
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:03 PM   #34 
Tree

wow what a cute story! I am sorry about Hershey, she was a beautiful betta! <3
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:10 PM   #35 
Seki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree View Post
wow what a cute story! I am sorry about Hershey, she was a beautiful betta! <3
Aw, thank you! She was one of my favorites, I was pretty bummed when I found her floating. Not really sure what happened to her. Orchid seems a bit more reclusive since Hershey is gone, although that might be me getting a bit sentimental about my girls lol.

Is the video working for you? I just realized the album is set to "password protected", so I wanted to be sure others can see the video I posted.
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:50 AM   #36 
Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seki View Post
Aw, thank you! She was one of my favorites, I was pretty bummed when I found her floating. Not really sure what happened to her. Orchid seems a bit more reclusive since Hershey is gone, although that might be me getting a bit sentimental about my girls lol.

Is the video working for you? I just realized the album is set to "password protected", so I wanted to be sure others can see the video I posted.

Awww you're welcome. =)

yup I was able to see it, but I have photobucket also, so you might wanna check with some other people first.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:24 AM   #37 
Araielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree View Post
Awww you're welcome. =)

yup I was able to see it, but I have photobucket also, so you might wanna check with some other people first.
Yeaaa I don't have photobucket & I could see it. :)
Old 04-04-2014, 11:58 AM   #38 
ricepattyfish5

Good luck to everyone!!! I can't wait to hear who won!!!
ricepattyfish5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:10 AM   #39 
Araielle

No more entries will be accepted past this point. Entrants will start receiving vote requests over the next couple of days! Good luck everyone! :)
Old 04-05-2014, 12:01 PM   #40 
Tree

This will be exciting! 8D can't wait. =)

Tags
aquatic, contest, gift, prize, win