Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-26-2010, 04:01 PM   #1 
JamieTron

The 3 bettas that pulled my heart strings at Walmart

So I went to one last trip to Walmart in my home town before moving a few days ago and well...they had bettas there. Now normally they are decent at that walmart and the fish look healthy and the water in the cups are clean. I just like to look at them well...this time...ugh I think they bought fish that were too young, especially the females the food fed to them was too big! Full of fungus their cups were and gah most of the females were dead. I couldn't help it...I bought 2 females because they were so small and cute, I have never seen them that small in the stores before and one male. He was so pretty and his cup was the dirtiest so I grabbed him as well. The females are definitely too young to be being held in a store...I think anyways.

I know I know...perhaps it was not best to support walmart bettas...but I just couldn't leave them

At least the cashier seemed concerned for them when I bought them maybe she will go take a look even though it's not her position there.

Name:  pip.JPG
Views: 416
Size:  34.4 KB

Pip squeak lol well cause she is tiny. She loves attention lol

Name:  chance.JPG
Views: 412
Size:  19.0 KB

Chance, well because I was there by chance. She had no color when I bought her, looks like she will be red

Name:  malachite2.JPG
Views: 425
Size:  50.0 KB

Malachite, because he is extremely shimmering in person, he reminds me of the mineral. His poor fins are tangled looking and he is very scared of me still
JamieTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:08 PM   #2 
TigerLily

Aw, poor things. I'm glad you decided to get them. I've noticed that a lot of Wal Mart stores seem to be carrying younger and younger bettas, which can't be good for the poor babies.
TigerLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:14 PM   #3 
JamieTron

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
Aw, poor things. I'm glad you decided to get them. I've noticed that a lot of Wal Mart stores seem to be carrying younger and younger bettas, which can't be good for the poor babies.

I know, they don't seem to understand how to care for the younger ones, and that it's not as easy as the older ones. You should have seen the big betta pellets they were feeding them. I have been feeding them the tubifex worms in my breeding diet for them because it's all they can fit so far. Or I have to break up flakes super small.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:21 PM   #4 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Awwwww... That's so nice. Good luck with them and keep us posted on their progress.

At least they have a good home now and a shot at life.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:32 PM   #5 
sunkissedinCA

awwww, the girls are so cute! and oh boy is malachite handsome. i've noticed that too, i keep seeing younger and younger bettas. when i got tinkerbell she was so itty bitty that she couldn't eat the pellets they fed them, i had to cut the pellets into tiny pieces with a razor blade for her!
sunkissedinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:40 PM   #6 
JamieTron

Thanks Romad I hope they can make it, they seem to be still stressed but they are starting to gain color which seems to be a good sign. The girls love to eat their worms, lol quite violent looking!
Old 01-26-2010, 04:43 PM   #7 
nochoramet

How cute!! I'm glad you got them, someone needs to give them good homes :] I love Pipsqueak, she is adorable! And I have a buddy named Chance for the reason I gave him a 2nd chance at life, but he is blue. Keep us posted!
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:00 PM   #8 
JamieTron

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkissedinCA View Post
awwww, the girls are so cute! and oh boy is malachite handsome. i've noticed that too, i keep seeing younger and younger bettas. when i got tinkerbell she was so itty bitty that she couldn't eat the pellets they fed them, i had to cut the pellets into tiny pieces with a razor blade for her!

awww poor tinkerbell, she sounds small as well! Good thing she has a good betta parent looking after her :D
Old 01-26-2010, 05:01 PM   #9 
JamieTron

Quote:
Originally Posted by nochoramet View Post
How cute!! I'm glad you got them, someone needs to give them good homes :] I love Pipsqueak, she is adorable! And I have a buddy named Chance for the reason I gave him a 2nd chance at life, but he is blue. Keep us posted!

Thanks that is so funny we thought of the same name
Old 01-26-2010, 05:28 PM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

Awww, all 3 of them are pretty!! Good luck with them and keep us posted on their progress.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote