Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-05-2010, 06:26 PM   #1 
Tragedy

Red face Let the evil cackles begin.. (A journey of Betta*S*)

So... I left home today with all intentions of buying a mini refrigerator, food for said fridge, and MAYBE a tank to set up and get ready for my fish I was hoping to get from veganchick. While we were at wal mart (cheapest place to buy tanks around here), my friend Arielle spotted a VT and fell in love. Never the one to displease, I offered to house it in my freshly bought 5 gall. until she could get one of her own. As we were leaving Wal Mart, I realized we needed to go to Petsmart to get some more water conditioner, and I wanted some of those blind frogs for Bleud's tank. We get to Petsmart, and decide to look at the Betta's (because who can resist?) and... crap. I fell in love. With TWO. One female, who is freaking tiny as ... well... TINY. And a male crown. Oh. My. God. I HAVE TO HAVE THEM.

So some little thing clicks in my brain: " GET THEM" so... I do ;_; And two froggies. And hiding places and lots more stuff.

And then I get back and realize... uhh.. I didn't get another tank And my brain once again goes: "SPLIT THE 5 GALS!"

So I do.

And now... I have 4 Bettas. Only 3 are mine. But still.

And I'm freaking out. Because... I don't know O_O I'm like, aaaah sudden fish explosion!! but I can't bring myself to care. Because they SO CUTE AND ADORABLE AND I LOVE THEM.

I also jacked up the filters in both tanks so that they won't flow as fast (:

I freaked out when I split Bleud's. I didn't check it good enough and there was a gap and he swam through (luckily the boy wasn't in there yet), so when I came back I was like WHAT!? And quickly fixed it. I know I said I'd never go under 5 gallons for a Betta, but.... I couldn't help myself >_>;

I also still hope vegan will let me get one of hers, lol, because I'm gonna buy a 3 gallon (:

Oh, here's my "upgraded" tank, and my new one 8D (FYI - No Bleud doesn't have a hidey place, he didn't like the old one. I'll probably get him another one... eventually)

Bleud on left, un-named fishy on right

Female on left, Arielle's fish on right.

Let the laughing begin!!
Tragedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:07 PM   #2 
louu

aww congratulations on your new fishies!!!
louu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:21 PM   #3 
2brown347

I wish I could laugh at you but I've done the same thing far too many times to do so. I went to petco today to see how much it's gonna cost me to build my stand/tank for a dorm. Ended up buying a Flame Dwarf Gourami, even though I've promised myself I wouldn't buy anymore fish.
2brown347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:25 PM   #4 
1fish2fish

Its definitely an addiction but watch out. Harmless collecting can become hoarding really fast and you may end up having to give fish up.

I know what its like to walk into the store and see a fish you just have to have (his name is Damon and he is in my sig ;)) but know your limit. Know exactly how much time you have to give and how much you can afford. Always think of the quality of life you can provide for each fish and let these things influence your decision over the initial infatuation.

Congrats on your new fish babies. Can't wait to see more pics.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:29 PM   #5 
Tragedy

Well I decided names, haha :) My new male is Reid, and my female is Penelope. I got a picture of Penelope and my friends fish that turned out well. I have one of Reid but it isn't so good. Oh well I guess, hah. Here they are!!

Reid

Penelope

My friends un-named

And don't worry 1fish2fish, I'm not some crazy hoarder, hah. 4 is good for now, 5 if veganchick decides she's gonna let me have one of her rescues (-wink-). One isn't even mine, so I guess 4 is my "limit" technically xD
Old 02-05-2010, 07:48 PM   #6 
1fish2fish

LOL.. I know your not (I have 4 fish myself... 5 once I take in little Ember from Vikki). I was just more giving some words of wisdom :)
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:48 PM   #7 
BettaxFishxCrazy

They're very pretty!
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:51 PM   #8 
Tragedy

Words of Wisdom are always appreciated =D!

Thanks BettaxFishxCrazy ^^
Old 02-05-2010, 10:51 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

Good words of advice, 1fish2fish!I find myself wanting more and more but I've gotten to the point where I've got all the water changes I can handle. I'll have to wait until someone dies before I can get another one.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:57 PM   #10 
5green

they are very pretty! =)
5green is offline   Reply With Quote