Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-07-2010, 11:26 AM   #1 
SweetnSpicy

A great Goodwill setup!

So, while I was at Petco yesterday with my uncle, shopping for a Leopard Gecko, my neighbor went to goodwill, and saw a 10gal tank with everything with it, a stand, a hood and working lights, a heater, decor, EVERYTHING but a filter. Since I told pretty much majority of the people I know, that if they ever find a good tank, let me know, she got it for me as a late b-day gift.

But, the best part is it came with a siphon and hose for draining/cleaning tanks. The one I have has about 5' of hose, and the new one has about 20-30' of hose. It works great!

All of it, the stand, tank, everything was $25!

So, now I have three 10 gallons, a 20gallon, a 25gallon, and a few smaller almost 3 gallons. My room looks like pet store than anything else.

I just felt like sharing my happiness on this great find. Did any of you find a deal like this?
SweetnSpicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:31 AM   #2 
doggyhog

Well, I got a 10g tank with filter, gravel, LOTS of decor and a few other things for only 20 bucks! Also got a 2g bowl at good will for 1.97
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:33 AM   #3 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Great scores guys. Whoo Hoo!!
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:49 PM   #4 
KappaFish

Those were great deals maybe I should go to good will and find me a nice 10 or 5g tank!!lol! I saw some nice big tanks at the salvation army and a nice green trim 5 or ten g tank with pump,lights,gravel and a decoration!!
KappaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:07 PM   #5 
CodeRed

So... I have to ask... did you get the gecko? :P

Great find, by the way. People where I must not be very big fish fans, because I can never find any good deals.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:23 PM   #6 
1fish2fish

Thats an awesome deal.. I'm jealous LOL.

I got a 4 gallon tank yesterday for $8 at a thrift store. It only has the hood (which was glued on :facepalm:) but still for a 4 gallon thats a good deal. I can get a filter and heater and still be way under what it would have been for a new 4 gallon tank.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:53 PM   #7 
Jupiter

Wow, nice!
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:29 PM   #8 
SweetnSpicy

@ doggyhog - Thats awesome! I love finding stuff like that :)

@ KappaFish - YOu should get it! Green is my favorite color, so it would fit in at my house.

@CodeRed - Yes, I did get the little gecko haha. He/she is super awesome, just loves to sit and hang out with me! I am hopefully going to save up for a nice terrerium for it, and then can hopefully get more bettas using it's old tank!

People here are alright, but they tend to not know a lot about fish, and their fish end up dying so they sell their tanks and stuff.

@ 1fish2fish - Lol, I am still in shock about my deal. And, best of all, my neighbor said I didn't have to pay her! :D

That is pretty good! I know a 3gallon kritter keeper type tank is about 10-15 USD lol.

@ Romad and Jupiter - Thanks lol :)

Sorry for the late replies, I was feeling under the weather and didn't want to get on the computer
SweetnSpicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:36 PM   #9 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Wow, that's a great deal! Gecko's are so neat looking.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:51 PM   #10 
carguy123

this gives me ideas. Now Im gonna have to go around goodwills and thrift stores looking for tanks lol
carguy123 is offline   Reply With Quote