Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Art
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-08-2014, 07:03 PM   #1 
nympxzie

Free DRAGON Betta Drawings!

I haven't drawn in quite a while and I doodled a nice little betta inspired dragon in class today.

I figured other members would enjoy a "dragofied" betta so I'm opening up the offer to bettafish members! Of course it's free and I will PM you with the finished product!!!

All bettas will be hand drawn with pencil and colored with copic markers.
All I need is....:

*A Picture of your betta (Optional but please understand that it will make for a *more accurate drawing).
*Your betta's personality/disposition (Optional)
*Tail type
*Description of color (Please be specific if you could not provide a picture!)

Here's a super rough pen drawing colored with highlighter...: (official drawing will be done in pencil with Copic markers)
nympxzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:04 PM   #2 
nympxzie

Whoops forgot the picture...Name:  unnamed (2).jpg
Views: 110
Size:  45.0 KB
Old 10-08-2014, 07:19 PM   #3 
PiscesPlunder

Talking this is oni

His name is Oni and hes a red dragon hmpk, hes quite hyper loves to flare, not at all shy and struts around fairly constantly for the two females in the tanks on either side of him . Hes almost always on the prowl patroling for bit size baby snails lol
Attached Images

PiscesPlunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 08:56 PM   #4 
EmFishy

this is Jasper

He's actually a really shy fellow. which is kinda funny because if i put his tank near another male it will take him approx. 10 seconds to notice then flare. and he's a very exuberant fellow when it comes to being all macho. he's actually the littlest of my Bettas as well. so he probably has the 'little dog BIG personality' thing going. most of the time, when not near one of the other male's tanks, he hides behind his plants or sticks close to the bottom behind them. if i come near he'll dive down and hide. of my bettas he's my most adorable with his black eyes and pale body.

however this picture doesn't do his colors justice. he is a double tail (you can see it every so often and i think you can sorta see it in that picture.). his tail and lower fins have a green/cyan/turquoise color streaked through them (the striations in his tail). the base of his tail is also this sorta brilliant blue-green color. and the blue green color actually sorta creeps onto his body from the tail and along his back. but the majority of his body is a pale whitish color (which is actually kinda creepy with his black eyes until i got used to it). his back fin is actually white at the front then has this little black wedge then red from that wedge back. there is streaks of the blue-green color on these fins too but i notice it more on the red.

i really would like to get something done of my sweet little shy boy.

here's another picture to show what i mean about the fins along his back. unfortunately i can never get a decent picture of him with the blue-green color showing really well. it usually comes out just looking white and it's not white

EmFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:29 PM   #5 
Charc14

Heres Marius, He is a bicolor red and blue veil tail, He is very laid back, but flares at nets. He is a mommas boy

And then here is Ice, she is a spunky blue veil tail plakat, ( She has a little bit of red on her anal fin, but you don't have to include that, its up to you :D)
I really can't help but see her as a sweet yet spunky little girl. Not begg-y and all just kinda like, " Hey mom, sup? Got any food on ya?" lol

Hopefully the pics work! I cant wait to see my "dragofied" fish! :D
Charc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 10:14 PM   #6 
Indigo Betta

Please could I have one of Ponyo, He is a Delta tail Betta, He's quite friendly and loves exploring his tank. the picture shows his color pretty well.
Attached Images

Indigo Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 05:14 AM   #7 
nympxzie

Keep the betta's coming everyone! I'm working on the drawings while I can. Each one may take up to 5 days, so please be patient. :) all your betta will be beautiful dragons!
Old 10-09-2014, 07:57 PM   #8 
Kiley320

Soo cool!! Could you draw suko for me ? :) He is really shy. But has his times of loving attention.
Attached Images

Last edited by Kiley320; 10-09-2014 at 08:01 PM.
Kiley320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 06:16 PM   #9 
nympxzie

Thanks for being patient guys. This is taking me a lot longer than I intended. Almost done with the first two betta.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:24 PM   #10 
PiscesPlunder

Sweet. Cant wait to see the finished product!
PiscesPlunder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drawing