Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-07-2010, 09:54 PM   #1 
FireKidomaru

Exclamation How do I convince my Mom to let me buy my third betta

I have two bettas already and i am hoping to go out and buy a third one but my mom says i am not aloud to. How should i try to convince her to let me buy it. It is driving me crazy. O and also i am new to the forum and this is my first ever thread.

Last edited by FireKidomaru; 02-07-2010 at 09:56 PM. Reason: wanted to add somthing
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:29 PM   #2 
Jupiter

You will have to accept her rules until you move out, imo. She probably has a reason why; she doesn't want you to spend your money, feels you already have too many bettas to take care of, etc.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:36 PM   #3 
cmc29

My mom always taught me that "you catch more flies with honey". If it were me and wanted a new fish(and took good care of my others), i would use my money to buy mom a gift in appreciation of the two she already let me have. Then just sit back a few weeks and her attitude might change a little on the matter. Patience. If anything is worth having...it is worth waiting for. If not: you have to accept her decision...she's your mother and only wants the best for you. This is all in my opinion of course. Take it with a grain of salt.
cmc29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:36 PM   #4 
Mean Harri

What Jupiter said. You don't convince her. Be a good child and learn the meaning of "no". You'll thank her for it some day. Life doesn't and shouldn't revolve around what we want. It's deeper, like doing right by people and for people.
Mean Harri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:40 PM   #5 
cmc29

I guess my inner child just wants to see you get that fish....lol
cmc29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:40 PM   #6 
doggyhog

Yeah I agree with Jupiter. Her house, her rules. She MAY change her mind if you are extra responsible, especially with your money.

I'm veeery lucky that my mom doesn't mind my fish obsession! She's always commenting on how pretty my fishies are. :)
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:07 PM   #7 
FireKidomaru

Thanks I appreciate it. I will be extra good and see if mabey next weekend she will let me. I rele hope she does
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:17 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

Show her that you are a responsible person and that you are taking good care of the ones that you have. Make sure that you're getting your school work done and that you aren't neglecting any chores you have around the house.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:19 PM   #9 
Angel079

Did she really only tell you "NO" or did she tell you "No because..." when you asked? She's having a reason for this; ask her (NICELY!!!) what this reason is and give it your very BEST shot from HER perspective to understand her reason behind the no.
Angel079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:12 AM   #10 
BettaxFishxCrazy

My mom hated seeing so many fish tanks in my room, but my dad loves fish so I think he helped me out some.lol Now my mom doesn't mind them anymore, she even has a couple favorites. But, keep in mind, I started buying bettas when I was 19. So if you're younger, I suggest asking her why she said no and go from there. Being responsible plays a huge role in owning any pet. I've owned horses so fish are NOTHING compared to that.lol Good luck and just be patient.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote