Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-09-2010, 09:34 PM   #1 
JamieTron

Question fin clamping...causing me confusion :(

Okay so....5 gallon split tank between 2 male bettas, water temperature is 74 degrees stable with my thermometer. The water parameters good. I do 50 water change once a week.

So my crowntail artemis has clamped fins! but Caesar my delta tail does not! So I thought at first it could be due to my power outage and having lost all abilities to heat my tanks it was under 10 degrees Celsius in my home. Around the same in my tanks. The furnace got fixed the same day. All fish survived okay and were fine.

Artemis was doing the best the whole time it happened but now...randomly he has clamped fins today (3 days later). I can't figure out what it could be. He's eating fine, color looks great. I was just thinking if it was the water chemistry (which is fine anyways) it would have affected Caesar as well

Could the clamping be a late reaction from the power outage? It seems like a late response...or could he be ill...I salt bathed him today. I am just really concerned for him, is there anything else I can do? I have a bad feeling about it I removed him from the 5 gallon into a quarantine tank. I am going to clean the whole 5 gallon out tomorrow.

Thanks,

Jamie
JamieTron is offline   Reply With Quote