Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-19-2014, 05:21 PM   #1 
DashingArabian14

Smile Betta hospital buddy?

I'm going to have surgery soon and was wondering.. If i ask the dr if I can take Pluto with me. What would u need to do? Gonna be in there for like 3 weeks so yea any ideas? Btw hospital is 4 hrs away
DashingArabian14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:58 PM   #2 
Dakieda

I really dont see why they would have a problem with that, since its not like the fish can poo on the floor or wander around and get into stuff. I imagine though, you'd need to be in a private room for that. But you should totally ask! :D
Dakieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:23 PM   #3 
DashingArabian14

I'm planning on it I think it would be fun and I think I'm gonna be in a private room. :D
Old 03-19-2014, 06:53 PM   #4 
NeptunesMom

I wouldn't do it, because moving a fish around like that can be stressful on him. Stress is a very common killer of fish, so it's always best to avoid stress if possible. I would leave him at home and take a picture of him with.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:09 PM   #5 
DashingArabian14

Ok idk
Old 03-20-2014, 03:41 PM   #6 
PoissonsMom

If ur sure u will be in hospital a while, I don't see y it would b a problem. Once his tank is set up in ur room, just make sure u use Stress Coat, or a similar product 2 reduce his stress level. As long as ur not moving him every day, Pluto should b just fine. Good luck w/ ur surgery, I'll keep u in my prayers 4 a safe & speedy recovery
PoissonsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:05 PM   #7 
DashingArabian14

Ok that's what I was thinking and thank you
Old 03-20-2014, 09:12 PM   #8 
NeptunesMom

I guess, I view it differently. Why would you stress the fish if you don't have to? Anytime you move a fish like that there is a risk that the fish will die. Every person has to assess whether the risk is worth taking or not, but I guess to me in this situation... it doesn't seem worth it. But, then again it's the OPs fish and not mine. So the OP is the one who has to make the choice and live with whatever happens in the end. There are people who successfully move their fish back and forth with them several times each year, and then there are those who lose their fish in transit.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:18 PM   #9 
Ezzie

Another thing to consider is water changes / the fish care while your at the hospital.

While it would be great to have him there, i agree that it will be stressful for him, plus you would have to be doing water changes which, after surgery, is probably the last thing you want to worry about.
You would also need to take a heater which requires plugs etc doctor might be using them for drips / monitors and stuff
I would just get a trusting person to care for him while you are in the hospital.
Ezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:19 PM   #10 
haveyouhadyourteayet

Hey girl. Assuming your rents will be ther 24/7 and willing to bend over backwards for their sick little princess, I don't see it being an issue. Plug concerns are easily fixed with a backup battery, like peeps use for computers n stuff.
haveyouhadyourteayet is offline   Reply With Quote