Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-12-2010, 12:38 PM   #21 
banisher

they knew, but somewhere between the fish store and the 2 hour drive home i forgot the name, now i'm stuck trying to id it. I'm fairly certain they are water plants the person working the fish said she kept them with her bettas and they love them.
banisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:44 PM   #22 
1fish2fish

LOL.. you sound like me. I'm not familiar with that type of plant but I'm sure if you did a google image search for aquarium plants you could find it.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:36 PM   #23 
LisaC144

I also found mine at PetSmart. It's a piece of fake driftwood that looks realistic.I'm gonna say it was $9.99. My betta loves swimming through it and resting inside the hole. PetSmart doesn't have it on thier website, so here is a picture of my tank.
Attached Images

LisaC144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:59 PM   #24 
dramaqueen
Banned

Nice tank! Your betta looks like he's enjoying the driftwood. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:08 PM   #25 
LisaC144

Thanks, Dramaqueen!

Banisher, basically anything your betta can swim through or into is good. Make sure you can stick your thumb through whatever you get, with a little wiggle room to spare. That's how I test it to make sure my little man won't get stuck.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:46 PM   #26 
banisher

I love that tank, It's amazing. Given a few days my betta loves the new plants. Only problem is they are so dense i have trouble finding him.

Thanx for the tip about the thumb, I always was unsure when i was looking at stuff if it would be any good.

I came to the conclusion that i'm not sure who is watching who anymore. I woke up with my betta watching me sleep, I did some math and figured his tank is considerable bigger then my room compared to body size. Go figure, lol
Old 02-13-2010, 09:00 PM   #27 
SoulSong

I got this one from Petsmart for my guy. http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=2752216 It took him all of 30 minutes to decide it was a perfect addition to his home. He swims through it and hides inside it, plus it looks great in the tank.
SoulSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:43 AM   #28 
banisher

looks kewl, and has lots of great reviews, not quite the feel i was going for with this tank. I'm trying to stick with a natural theme on this tank.

On that note, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with putting slate in an aquarium. I kinda wanted to buy some chunks (though i have no idea where) and stack them so as to make a cave. Has anybody tried this?
Old 02-14-2010, 04:13 PM   #29 
LisaC144

You can do that with no problem and it won't change water chemisty. The only issue with slate and betta's is you need to make sure there are no sharp edges on the slate that the betta can snag his fins on. Slate can sometimes have sharp edges. If you're going for a natural ook, I got my driftwood (which is fake by the way) at PetSmart. I was going for the natural look as well.l
Old 02-14-2010, 05:07 PM   #30 
banisher

hmmm, drift wood would look nice too, and might be easier to come by then slate.

If i did go the slate route i suppose i could sand the rough edges and use the panty hose trick someone mentioned to make sure it's safe.