Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-29-2014, 12:00 PM   #1 
Blue Fish

Beware this ebay seller!!

WARNING!

I ordered a very larger order from ebay seller Manuel Pino for some live plants, all specifying FREE SHIPPING. Today, when they were attempted to be delivered, the Post Office is now telling me that I have a COD for shipping?!

I have emailed the seller through ebay, and if I do not hear back shortly I WILL be contacting ebay about this problem, but I wanted to warn everyone here about it as well so that you all can hopefully avoid being burned by this man as I was.

I will post back up if this is a mistake, but in the meantime, beware this seller!
This is NOT good business!
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:09 PM   #2 
JDragon

I was concerned about getting plants from him... let us know what happens.
JDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:26 PM   #3 
Blue Fish

Yup, definitely. His prices are good and he has tons of positive feedback...I'm hoping this is just a mistake, and if so, I will DEFINITELY clear his name on here as a good seller. I have messaged him, and will give him 24 hours to get back to me before I open a dispute via paypal and ebay.

The shipping isn't much, and I honestly don't really mind paying it, it's the principle of the thing, and the fact that the plants now have to spent two extra days at the post office in transit because I wasn't here to pick them up for the unknown COD charges. :P (Plants would be okay on the doorstep for an afternoon, fish I would have been home to pick up immediately.) THAT'S what has really made me angry.

Anyway, still waiting for a reply, I'll let everybody know what the end result is. I just wanted to warn people in the meantime just in case. :)
Old 03-29-2014, 08:52 PM   #4 
Blue Fish

Whew, okay, the seller got back to me this evening, and it's all good. :) What he's saying does make sense because the shipping amount seemed small for a box of that size, so I do believe him. I'll pick up the plants on Monday morning from the post office.

I don't believe I'm going to have him go through the trouble of a refund because the amount is small, I'm just relieved that he a) got back to me quickly b ) I'm not going to getting four or five MORE of these little notices from the post office and c) that I'm not going to be worrying about some scam or another going on with my information. :)

So, name is cleared! :D I'll post on Monday with pictures of the plants and their condition, but as of right now I'd buy from him again. :)

Here's a copy of the message he sent me:
Dear flopsy_ponies,

Hello

That is weird. Probably I printed the wrong label or something. All my items are ship for free. I am looking at your order and by the amount of plants you order I bet I printed a small flat rate box label instead of the Medium flat rate box label, that is why they are asking you for more money to cover the difference.This is pretty common we print so many labels every day that stuff like this happens all the time. Please let me know how much the postal service charge you and I will be happy to refund you that amount.

- manuelpino2012