Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-23-2014, 05:43 PM   #1 
crash37

One Does Not Simply Walk Into Petsmart...

I should've known this was going to happen...

Yesterday hubby and I decided to go couch shopping since our couch is dying, and I thought, "oh good, while we're out let's stop at Petsmart so I can buy those heaters we need for Bast and Bo and all the other things those people on the nice betta forum suggested I get them..."

So, we hunt around for couches and on the way to the mall, stop by Petsmart. And, of course, the first shelf we come to is filled with bettas. And, of course, I make the mistake of picking up a cup...with a CT DR inside...and of course we just HAPPEN to have a spare bowl at home....

"NO!" we told each other. "We'll go to the mall and stop by Petco too to compare prices...then go home."

Long story short, we never found a couch and his name is Blessing.
Attached Images

crash37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:17 PM   #2 
tiffanylucky

Lol I can relate. I can't let myself look at the bettas when I'm at Petco. That's why I have two bettas ( I'm lucky my parents allowed me to keep him, so I named him lucky). He's my mellow guy (unless he sees my female betta Tiffany) or if he sees something close to the water, or my finger in the water. He loves to bit my finger
tiffanylucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:23 PM   #3 
crash37

Nice!!
Ugh, going into petstores is so hard! Petco had baby bettas too....one was giving us the puppy eyes....it was so hard to just walk away!
Old 03-23-2014, 06:25 PM   #4 
LittleBlueFishlets

Yep. That about sums it up. There is no such thing as a 'quick trip to Petsmart for a heater.' It ends up resulting in staring at the little Bettas, who stare back, and..... Well, that's how I ended up with 3 of my guys.

I *almost* bought an adorable turquoise delta yesterday. BUT I was able to talk myself out of it. He's was pretty enough that I'm sure someone will grab him quickly. (Hopefully, it'll be someone who takes good care of him!) As you can tell, I'm still thinking about him though.... And I do have an extra tank...... So, hmmmm, I wonder if I can somehow 'justify' needing a trip to Petsmart again....
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:29 PM   #5 
crash37

See????? If you don't think about it, it's ok but....

I knew there was trouble when all through couch shopping I kept telling hubby, "wasn't that DR so pretty?" then when we come back to Petsmart he flipped out to see us, like we were old friends...that pretty much sealed the deal.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:38 PM   #6 
tiffanylucky

I know how you feel. Speaking of puppy eyes, I can't say no to my dogs when they want to sleep in my bed (my dogs are small). I have shopped at Petco so much, that the employees know me. Do your bettas know any tricks? Mine do, one of the employees at Petco told me it's great exercise.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:46 PM   #7 
crash37

Well Bast likes moving his marble gravel until one falls on him and he gets stuck...if that counts as a trick. LOL. After a couple times of that he stopped messing with the marbles, but we were seriously concerned for him for a bit.

Can you teach bettas tricks? I used to have a female that jumped for her food. THAT was cute.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:12 PM   #8 
tiffanylucky

That's cute. And yes you can teach bettas tricks. My bettas have to jump for blood worms and betta pellets, unless they're sick. They love it because they get to "hunt" they're "prey". Do you have blood worms? If you do, start with having your bettas jump for those because blood worms are easier for bettas to see. Hold the food about three inches above water level. Make sure your bettas know your holding food over the water. Then, they will jump. It's a cute show to watch :)
Old 03-23-2014, 07:15 PM   #9 
tiffanylucky

Make sure the tank has a lid so your bettas will not jump out of the tank.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:15 PM   #10 
crash37

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanylucky View Post
That's cute. And yes you can teach bettas tricks. My bettas have to jump for blood worms and betta pellets, unless they're sick. They love it because they get to "hunt" they're "prey". Do you have blood worms? If you do, start with having your bettas jump for those because blood worms are easier for bettas to see. Hold the food about three inches above water level. Make sure your bettas know your holding food over the water. Then, they will jump. It's a cute show to watch :)
That's one of the things I bought at Petsmart! I shall give it a try! :)