Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-09-2015, 10:07 AM   #1 
Amberjewel

Nightmares About Bettas?

Does anybody else get nightmares about your Betta dying? I've had them almost every night lately and I hope that I'm not crazy...
Amberjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 12:03 PM   #2 
Dargent

I have lost MANY nights sleep in the almost two months since my very first fish/betta ever - so we are either very normal or totally crazy! I lie in bed worrying about heater malfunctions and ammonia spikes, I'm exhausted! I have two bettas, one is in his 2nd tank, and the other in his 3rd since I lay in bed thinking maybe I won't worry if I get a bigger tank, or better heater. Nope, I'm still worrying! My new years resolution is to have all 3 tanks settled and done! My bettas were truly gateway fish, we now have a 29 gallon with angelfish and cory cats too. And the "normal " fish are just as sleep depriving! Best wishes to you and your baby for sweet happy dreams!
Dargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 01:20 PM   #3 
Amberjewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargent View Post
I have lost MANY nights sleep in the almost two months since my very first fish/betta ever - so we are either very normal or totally crazy! I lie in bed worrying about heater malfunctions and ammonia spikes, I'm exhausted! I have two bettas, one is in his 2nd tank, and the other in his 3rd since I lay in bed thinking maybe I won't worry if I get a bigger tank, or better heater. Nope, I'm still worrying! My new years resolution is to have all 3 tanks settled and done! My bettas were truly gateway fish, we now have a 29 gallon with angelfish and cory cats too. And the "normal " fish are just as sleep depriving! Best wishes to you and your baby for sweet happy dreams!
Oh goodness! I had a nightmare last night that I got a second betta, and Max jumped into the new betta's tank, ripped apart his fins, then jumped into his own. Max then died and the new betta got fin rot and died as well.
Old 12-09-2015, 01:25 PM   #4 
Dargent

That is max saying don't be tempted to get another betta!!! Seriously if I thought I could manage it I would have a tank in every room. But 3 in the kitchen is really truly enough. I think. I will have one extra 2.5 gallon when the first moves to his 3rd upgrade tank. I tell myself to keep it for emergencies.....must keep strong. Need sleep. LOL.
Old 12-09-2015, 01:30 PM   #5 
Amberjewel

I think we need a Betta support group. Lol.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:58 PM   #6 
Sadist

I have dreams like that, too! The first one was that my female had jumped into the male's tank and was dead, and then I had 200 fry and trying to move them all.
Sadist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 05:59 PM   #7 
Olivia27

I rarely remember my dreams in the morning but I constantly worry during the day when I'm away. What if my fish jumps out? What if the heater malfunction? What if, what if, what if. I have stumbled through a couple school assignments due to this thing. Fortunately stuff always works out in the end but still LOL one day I checked my email only to realize there's a huge assignment due in 2 hours. I still hold Seren responsible!
Olivia27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:51 PM   #8 
Amberjewel

Another dream I had was when Max bred with another Betta and had like 1000 babies. Then my brother smooshed them all. :(
Old 12-09-2015, 09:24 PM   #9 
Kaxen

I had an intense dream about emergency water changes.
Kaxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 09:34 AM   #10 
Dargent

Smile

So is this the start of an official betta support group??? I sure hope so because I'm about to move little tail biting Doublure D'argent to his new 5 gal home and I may need some support LOL! This is the guy who started it all for me two months ago and 6 more fish later. Talk about nightmares, I had the cutest baby cory cat in my big tank "disappear" for 4 days. After full on grieving and blaming myself the little bugger appears out of nowhere yesterday. None of my fish behave and let me rest.