Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-11-2010, 08:05 PM   #1 
puppyrjjkm

Red face Musical Tanks!

Alrighty beware for a LONG post! So I have multiple things I've been tossing around in this crazy head of mine.

1. I currently have a 5 gal bare bottom "rectangle tank" I would like to make more room on my dresser in which I would use my 5 hex tank. But I have 1 male betta and 3 ADF. Would the frogs be okay with less bottom or "floor" space?

2. Or I will soon have a empty 10 gallon tank. I wanted platies/guppies and move my frogs and betta into this tank, what do you think about that plan? How many livebearers?

3. I could always move the guppies/platies to my 50 gal community and split my 10 gallon for 2 more male bettas, but my 29 gal is split so I am trying to stay away from male bettas.

4. I also wanted to breed bettas in the near future in which I would use the 10 gallon, which would have to stay empty for now.

5. I love these small tanks for bettas. Like just to sit on my desk for an impulse betta :) like this: http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=2753118 or like this http://lh6.ggpht.com/_f3tDg6HJSU8/SU...Betta+Tank.jpg But I have a 1 or 2 gallon one I was wondering how often I would have to clean it. I saw someone have one split for 2 males which I wouldn't do, since I feel like 1 gal is really small....?

6. MAIN GOAL: have 3 tanks total (not including a small tank on my desk) . Ugh I have 50 gal, 29 gal, 10 gal, and 5 gal currently set up with my 5 hex empty... any ideas?

Sorry for the crazy post, but I was just wondering if anyone could help out!

Last edited by puppyrjjkm; 02-11-2010 at 08:17 PM.
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:22 PM   #2 
veganchick

Ok, first off.... NOTHING under 1.5g for a permanent betta home. Those little betta tanks are only about a half a gallon, but they could wrok temporarily. adfs need floor space. Leave them in the same tank. In a 10g I wouldn't reccomend platties or guppies (guppies are HUGE brats! They are so mean to tankmates.... ) A good idea would be to put the 5g hex on your dext (if it fits) and put in a female betta and some ghost shrimp, leave the ten gallon for future plans, and keep the 5g as you have it
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:26 PM   #3 
Jupiter

I'd move one of the frogs to the other 5 gallon. Keeping 3 ADFs i a 5 gallon is a little too much imo. Or you could split the 10 gallon and put 2 ADFs on each side.

I think the livebearers would be better in a bigger community tank.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:05 PM   #4 
puppyrjjkm

That doesn't help me out to only have 3 tanks. I'm surprised you said guppies are brats. I have never had a problem with guppies and any other fish (and we've had almost every freshwater fish). They were always the most peaceful and I kept several in a 10 gallon tank. Haha I wish I would have had your ADF opinion earlier Jupiter! I posted how many in a 5 gal and everyone said 3! I'm trying to aviod splitting anything else.. ugh I'm in a pickle!
Old 02-12-2010, 08:17 PM   #5 
2brown347

This isn't really helpful to the thread but feel I should say I was extremely disappointed when I read the op and there wasn't anything about actually musical aquariums
2brown347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:22 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

lol!!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:06 AM   #7 
Tinthalas Tigris

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2brown347 View Post
This isn't really helpful to the thread but feel I should say I was extremely disappointed when I read the op and there wasn't anything about actually musical aquariums
My ideas of an aqua keyboard, being played by fish went out the protein skimmer for me as well.
Tinthalas Tigris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:10 AM   #8 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Haha!
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:01 PM   #9 
puppyrjjkm

Haha sorry! ;)