Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-14-2010, 02:36 AM   #1 
AlexXx

Fed up

This week 3 of my females in my sorority died. about 4 days apart from each other. First was Envy, one of my fav girls. She was sick a while back and i nursed her back to health and she was happier than ever. One day she was perfectly fine, the next day i come home shes laying face down in the substrate and the shrimp are gnawing on her..... a few days later i find my pretty new yellow girl crocked under the pagoda, she was fine then dead. Everyone seems fine in the tank, then i come home from visiting my parents place for the night and Violet one of my oldest girls was white as a ghost laying in the bottom..... Sun and Fluffy, my last two girls left are fine! They are warm, the temp is 80, i do water changes ever sat. I feed them and make sure they ALL get at least one pellet..... if not more. ughh. im about ready to tear down the sorority and build a shrimparium....
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:48 AM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry about your girls dying. It's got to be very frustrating when you can't figure out what's going on.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:00 AM   #3 
BettaxFishxCrazy

I'm so sorry. :( It must be SO frustrating. I hope your other girls don't get sick.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:23 AM   #4 
Jupiter

How terrible! I'm really sorry about your girls. :(
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:48 PM   #5 
AlexXx

Im not buying any more betta, ive decided. im just going to keep the 4 i have left (2 boys 2 girls) and then start keeping shrimp if they pass. :(
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:57 PM   #6 
LightsYouOnFire

Did you test your water and everything? Maybe you've got a problem with your levels?

I wouldn't throw in the towel. There has to be a reason. Can you take out the remaining females for a week or so and run comprehensive tests on your tank to see what is going on? Maybe do a 30% water change every day until you've got the proper water to house the fish?

I don't know. I'm pretty new to bettas, but not to having fish. There has to be something making them die. If it was me, I'd dump the tank, clean everything really well, and start over.
LightsYouOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote