Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-14-2010, 08:29 AM   #1 
Noko

What are the chances of...

What are the chances of me getting three sisters from petsmart? I just went and got four female bettas, and two of them are hard to tell apart, and one other has the spots, and some of the coloring the other two have. The two look like a hybrid of a hybrid imbellis (SP). They have the wild spots as one website says, and they have the coloring of a male (dull), but aren't female imbellis a brownish color? When my dad looked it up on bing (I prefer google), he right away said that is what the one is. I told him that first off the one I have is female, and second off, her coloring wasn't that of a female.

Yes, I got four girls at petsmart (I bought half their females). So far, three of them have gone to the bathroom multiple times, and their waste product (you wont get me to say it XD) is a good color. They are still somewhat stressed, but they are swimming around. I have them in the small cups they came with, but I have cleaned them out with hot water, and put some fresh water in. The have gotten two pellets so far today. I will give them another one later on. The one female needs her food to be broken in half, so I am worried about putting her in the large tank when the time comes because of her special food needs.

I really wanted another female, but my dad wanted me to stop at four. I have a feeling that I will end up getting another one next time we go to petsmart. I haven't named any of them so if one dies, I won't be as close, therefore lowering my sadness. I will name them once they all have lived with me for another few days. I was planning on naming them after goddesses from different countries. Pictures coming soon.
Noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:46 AM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Congrats on the new girls! We're looking forward to some pics.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:58 AM   #3 
Min

Aw congrats on your new girls.
Min is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:49 PM   #4 
Noko

Thanks! They are all doing great so far!
Noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:06 PM   #5 
betta fish crazy

I went to petco once and found two nearly identical cambodians-I had a hard time deciding!
betta fish crazy is offline   Reply With Quote