Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-14-2010, 10:00 PM   #1 
fishguy3

fish tank

i have multiple questions about my tank.

1. I have a 3 litre tank. I only have one plant in it. Is there enough hiding places?

2. the tank is looking a bit dirty. what should i do? there is this green stuff floating around sometimes.

i just got my first betta last week.
fishguy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:43 PM   #2 
ScuitoAmi150

That is a small tank, so that should be enough. You'll want to do a 100% water change twice a week. The green stuff is either algae or pieces of the plant. You might want to research the plant and make sure that it is a true aquatic plant.
ScuitoAmi150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:41 PM   #3 
dr2b

That tank is WAY to small. That converts into about 0.8 gallons. You need to at least have your betta in a 2.5 gallon tank. You need to be doing a 100% water change at least 2-3 days a week with a tank so small. Is the plant a live plant or a fake plant? I find it hard to believe a live plant will survive in such a small tank. Especially if you begin doing water changes as you should be.

You also need to have a heater in there for your betta. And with such a small tank you cannot properly heat the water if you get a heater. If you get a 2.5 gallon, you can get the Hydor Mini heater for it. You also need to keep the water at a constant 76 to 82 degrees F.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote