Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-31-2014, 08:00 PM   #1 
JDragon

Amazon Frogbit and More

Amazon Frogbit for sale. Freshwater fish tank floater plant that multiplies fairly quickly. I doubled my plants in about a month. (no CO2 used)
I grow these in my personal betta tanks - Two 10 gallons and one 55 gallon sorority tank. They have really long roots and some even reach my substrate in the 55 gallon. I may trim them to better fit/save space. They will grow back quickly.
I probably have a good... 50-90+ plants and some are rather large.

** I do have medium sized Ramshorn snails - I will try my best to not include any. **
$0.50 per plant (several leaves to a plant) - guarantee at least one mother plant already producing new plants.
I also have some small duckweed I can include for free if wanted as I don't want it. (I can also include NO duckweed if requested)
I also have a good bit of water sprite if anyone is interested.

Willing to trade for other freshwater aquarium plants(Water wisteria, jungle vals, swords, marimo, etc), a decent air pump, tanks 10 gallons or smaller, equipment, etc or just sell outright. PM or post here with offers.
All offers welcomed. The worst I can say is no thanks
Will include paypal if it's a good trade.

Shipping will be two day through USPS. Price depends on quantity/distance. PM zip code for quote.
Attached Images

Last edited by JDragon; 03-31-2014 at 08:03 PM.
JDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:13 AM   #2 
JDragon

Shipping should not be more than $10 and I may eat the cost anyways depending on distance and quantity. Shipping some off today. Still have plenty left for anyone interested.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:32 PM   #3 
JDragon

Water Sprite:
I have plenty of smaller pieces but most are floating. I took pictures of the larger plants. Make me an offer.
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2014, 09:28 PM   #4 
Blue Fish

Hey, I'd be interested in three or four smallish/medium (like three or four inches long?) water sprite plants or cuttings. :) Do you have any idea about what you'd like for those?

Also, you don't even really need to do a flat rate box for me...I'm okay if they just get put into a plastic baggy and sent in a padded envelope. :) Saves me the shipping cost. :)

I'll pm you as well. :)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 05:56 PM   #5 
JDragon

Shipped a smaller package Wednesday and a large package today. Possibly shipping out three padded envelopes on Monday. Still got plenty of frogbit and I haven't even grabbed from the boys' tanks yet.
About 4-5 frogbit in padded envelope for $6 shipped.
8-10 for $11.
Still open to trades. Help me clear this frogbit out!
Old 04-03-2014, 08:26 PM   #6 
JDragon

Don't know if those are normal bubbles or if it's pearling. I can't see across the tank because of the roots and how think they are.
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2014, 04:27 PM   #7 
kevonnn

I got mine earlier today. Thank you so much JDragon!
kevonnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:54 PM   #8 
haveyouhadyourteayet

Would you be interested in selling again later on? I don't have the space for any now, but I'd love some for a sorority in the future...
haveyouhadyourteayet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:38 PM   #9 
JDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveyouhadyourteayet View Post
Would you be interested in selling again later on? I don't have the space for any now, but I'd love some for a sorority in the future...
Absolutely. I'm sure I'll never run out. Heck, i'm still trying to make a dent in the 55 Gallon. The girls really like swimming in the roots. I just have to make sure there are breathing areas. I also made a small desk vase for my work cubicle with small plants including frogbit. Will have to add a few pictures.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:49 PM   #10 
JDragon

Just a thought for once he frogbit starts reproducing. Take the small leaves and make a vase. I only have two stem plants, a little natural colored gravel, a few pieces of duckweed, a few small frogbit, and two baby snails just to see if they will make it.
Of course the floating plants will take over, but I can just bring them home from work.
Suggestions or ideas welcomed. Just thought it would be nice. There are and will be no fish. Just an idea I like. Looks pretty nice I think.
Attached Images