Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-21-2010, 09:29 AM   #21 
1fish2fish

It could be anywhere from a day to up to a week before he feels comfortable enough to eat.. just keep up with the pellets until he eats them.

Your tank looks great. Nice Job. And your CT is gorgeous.

I would try to turn the heater up to its highest setting and see if it warms up.. if not I would return it. It should at least be able to heat to 76* (preferably 78*-80*).

I just bought the exact same filter and will be setting it up later today. I'm not sure how I'm going to baffle it quite yet but I'll tinker with a few things when I set it up.. using a sponge may work.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:36 PM   #22 
vaygirl

I'd return the heater for an even exchange. Sometimes you get a bad one. You need one that's reliable. The first heater I ever bought didn't work at all and I had to return it. That happens SO much nowadays. :/

Your tank does look really nice. I like the decor!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:15 PM   #23 
xxabc

Vaygirl, I'd suspect the store would just put it back in the box and re-sell it again. It's not like it's food. I agree, I see this soooo often. It's like a circle. The bad ones are just always there...
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:33 AM   #24 
Balthasar

The reason I didn't want to use a sponge is possible mildew. I was thinking of increasing the surface area at the bottom of the slide with a lip or something. Zip Tie it on and the water would have more surface area to drain into the tank, decreasing the force that impacts on the surface.

I'll be taking the heater back today, along with my Betta Bowl Plus and Aqua Safe. I'll poke around and see what else I may have missed. Thanks alot for the heads up everyone! I believe I am good to go! Now I know the basics.
Balthasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:32 AM   #25 
1fish2fish

I've never heard of a sponge mildewing in an aquarium.. not aquarium sponges anyway.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote