Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-24-2010, 01:12 PM   #21 
Hadouken441

Dont get nerite snails they only eat algae and their shells crack and rot away unless the ph level is higher than normal for most tanks.

Unless you have real plants dont get it. Zebra snail is the same thing as a nerite just prettier color but its also harder to take care of and is smaller (nickel size)

You might be able to do 3 cory's if you do a lot of ground cover// shade from plants. Like you can get a piece of driftwood or decoration that takes up a lot of space and has lots of tunneling areas and also add lots of fake///live plants.

You can get a away with a few more fish in your tank if your tank is LIVE planted if bio-load is a problem.
Hadouken441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:20 PM   #22 
1fish2fish

Corys won't work because 3 of them need AT LEAST 10 gallons. Its not a bioload issue its a foot print issue. Nerite snails are fine.. just add a little cuttlefish bone or cleaned eggshells to the filter and you get enough calcium to keep the snails happy.

Corys are the ones that usually will eat nothing but actual algae.. they've been known to starve to death because they refuse to eat wafers. Nerite snails and mystery snails have no problems munching on wafers or algae or lettuce or uneaten fish food.. basically anything you want to give them.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:09 PM   #23 
doggyhog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post

Corys are the ones that usually will eat nothing but actual algae.. they've been known to starve to death because they refuse to eat wafers.

Do you mean an Oto? Thought that's what Otos did too? Not sure.. LOL
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:05 PM   #24 
1fish2fish

Hmmm.. I'm not sure.. I read about otos, corys, and plecos and I always get them confused since I don't have or really want any I haven't really done a lot of research into them.. I look it up
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote