Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-26-2015, 11:40 AM   #1 
Julio1983

Jager 25w heater

Hello :)

So I purchased a brand new jager 25w heater and have no idea how to set the temperature on the bloody thing! I thought I had set it to 27 degrees but the temp kept going up...now it's 2:42am and I have given up - I've turned it off and going to put the old heater into the tank until I can figure this out. Can anyone help?
I've read some instructions online but they have confused the hell out of me and I have mucked around with both blue and red dials so who knows what the hell I've done.

Help!! Xoxo
Julio1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 11:46 AM   #2 
tuxthebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio1983 View Post
Hello :)

So I purchased a brand new jager 25w heater and have no idea how to set the temperature on the bloody thing! I thought I had set it to 27 degrees but the temp kept going up...now it's 2:42am and I have given up - I've turned it off and going to put the old heater into the tank until I can figure this out. Can anyone help?
I've read some instructions online but they have confused the hell out of me and I have mucked around with both blue and red dials so who knows what the hell I've done.

Help!! Xoxo
Hi! Yes, stop what you're doing and start over. :)

Here's a great video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaksiN76Frc

This really helped me calibrate my Jager 75W.....
tuxthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 11:58 AM   #3 
Julio1983

Thank you! I will attempt to calibrate it tomorrow as it's now 3 am and I'm about to lose my mind. Time to turn fishys old heater back on and go to bed
Old 05-26-2015, 05:29 PM   #4 
Aqua Aurora

Eheim jagar heaters are great reliable long lasting heaters that just need a quick calibration to get the set up right. All my tanks larger than 6g have eheim jagar heaters running. They are a bit too bulky for my smaller tanks but are great for canister filters- you can diy inline heater it into the outflow (did this with the 7g, 12g long, and 55g works great but I had to recalibrate the heater once it was in-lined as it became much more efficient.
Aqua Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:45 PM   #5 
Julio1983

The one I got is a 25w for my 15 litre tank. I'm going to attempt to calibrate it today in a separate container because last night it stressed me out!