Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-18-2010, 03:48 AM   #1 
PeachyKeen

Post White tipped fins?

So there is a bit of a story behind my fish.

Over Christmas break my family and I went on vacation for a week, and I left my fish in the care of my uncle. Well he spilled half of her food into the tank during the first day and never bothered to clean it out and continued to feed her more each day. When I got home the tank was absolutely filthy, and I had to clean it out with a garden hose because the smell was so bad.
One of her fins(the small one on her side), was badly ripped and the area surrounding it was red and bloody. I cleaned her water and then my parents took care of her while I went back to my dorm for the spring semester. Things have been so busy that just this week I got her back into my dorm room, and back under my care. Her fin that was badly torn was almost completely gone, so I bought her a bigger tank and some bettafix medication to help heal her fin.
This was two days ago. She is much happier now, much more active, and her fin is starting to grow back(yay!).

But just today I noticed that the tips of her back fin are white(she is peach colored). It looks really strange. What does it mean?
PeachyKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:58 PM   #2 
FuulieQ

It looks like it could be residual fin rot from the bad conditions before, or possibly a fungus.

I'd wait and see what the real betta experts know but for now keep a really close watch on her.
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 12:05 AM   #3 
JamieTron

Looks like fungal growth to me. I have a betta that bites his fins and got that on one small area. I treated it with maroxy and it went away a little over a day later. With maroxy is suggests just to treat as needed no longer than 5 days. It looks like the growth is in the early stages, which should make it easier to get rid of.
JamieTron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fin problems