Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-08-2014, 09:42 AM   #31 
myprince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
Prince looks like he is coming along fine, best of luck with nursing him back to health!!
Thanks Rollo for the luck!
myprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:36 AM   #32 
myprince

Day 36

Day 36 : Plants are dying and I'm having a hell of a time with this ten gallon tank. For some reason water just keeps accumalating on my stand. Prince's fin has grown a bit. You can defiently see the difference from my begining posts. I wanted to take a step back and let him heal. I felt like I was not seeing any changes, and I personally needed to feel like I was getting him to improve. So I stopped updating my blog - however we have now returned. My tank has become covered in alage and I believe from that and my led light - my plants are just decomposing... You will realize in a later picture these plants have died and I have replaced them with new ones. Prince is very active and enjoys being watch through the glass. He'll follow my finger and do a little dance for me. He's becoming so beautiful.
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2014, 11:50 AM   #33 
myprince

Day 71

DAY 71 : Wow has it been this long?! I felt like I just got Prince the other day. After replacement of ten gallon tank, plants, and light - I have redone his whole home. I find Prince puffing himself up on occasion. I'm not sure why? His colors are showing so brightly. I like glancing at the blues and yellows that are held within his tail. Still his body remains mostly white. I added a new tank mate recently. An alage eater of coarse. To help with the ecosystem in my tank. Things are not balanced. I replaced plants. I went with a weedy looking plant, which you can notice is tall and thin. However I just put in there an annabis, I think that's what you call it. With big green leaves, and I'm loving the big green leaves. In the picture ending with #s233628, you will notice Prince in the night time glowing rock (I purchased at Wal-Mart - Make sure you have enough light or it will not light up at night.) Now, since I bought the algae eater and I've noticed since I put algae waffers in the rock (because that's where the algae eater like's to hang) Prince has been hanging out in there. Eating the waffers? Why?

Prince, from what I have seen and the constant watching of them two in the same tank, does not mess with his tank mate. He enjoys his plants and watches us a lot. I still find him puffing up, still with the question as to why? Is he able to see his reflection? I'm not sure.

Prince is having such a huge time eating the pelts I have been feeding him. They are to big for his mouth? What can I do about this? I have tried flakes... But flakes... Do not work for him, he just spits them out. I crush them and they fall to the ground - not like Prince has any issues picking it up off the ground. The first betta fish I have owned that will eat off the bottom of his tank.
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2014, 04:22 PM   #34 
Sabina88

He looks absolutely amazing. If I didn't know that the fish in the beginning of your journal was still prince I would think that their different bettas! Amazing job with him, his progress is amazing. His colors are amazing, what a pretty boy he turned out to be
Sabina88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:18 AM   #35 
myprince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabina88 View Post
He looks absolutely amazing. If I didn't know that the fish in the beginning of your journal was still prince I would think that their different bettas! Amazing job with him, his progress is amazing. His colors are amazing, what a pretty boy he turned out to be
He does! He looks amazing! He was pure white and now he has such amazing colors. I never expected! And you can see some growth in his tail. He's body has even gone a little pinky, if that makes sense. He is not longer a pure white fish. I am guessing that means he is becoming more healthier?
Old 06-16-2014, 11:39 AM   #36 
BettaLover1313

I barely recognize Prince from that sad little fish you first posted! Wow! He's really flourished under your care!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:49 AM   #37 
InStitches

wow, you have done so well with him!
InStitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:57 AM   #38 
myprince

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaLover1313 View Post
I barely recognize Prince from that sad little fish you first posted! Wow! He's really flourished under your care!

Thank you! He has flourished. His tail will still take time to regrow, but he looks wonderful! Thanks for stopping by and voicing your apreciation!
Old 06-16-2014, 11:58 AM   #39 
myprince

Quote:
Originally Posted by InStitches View Post
wow, you have done so well with him!
Thank you very much! I believe I have too! Still there is more work to alway be done to improve his life.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:39 PM   #40 
FishWhisperer

He is incredible. Why did the Petco try to kill him. He wasn't going to die then and there with the fin rot and they tried to kill him while you were going to buy him. If only they can see him now. Their jaws would be on the floor. Also I thought they want to make money and would have said: If that lady wants this dying fish, let her have it and she will come back for another when this one dies. Seriously drugging a fish that has just fin rot is not cool! They just don't want to "waste" money trying to cure this fish.
FishWhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prince, transformation