Betta Fish Forum banner

Does this look like velvet or normal coloring?

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  kuklachica 
#1 ·
I have no reason to believe that this is velvet other than the color. This was the color he was when I got him and has spread a bit to his tail. I have had him for 3 weeks so I just assume it is him coloring out. He has become a **little** more lethargic since I got him, but that is not saying much. He would NOT stop doing the "betta territory dance" all day around his bubble nest. Now he isn't making as many bubble nests and doesn't do the "dance" as much. He's eating fine and acting fine otherwise. Water is at a constant 82-84 and conditioned with Prime and has some aquarium salt.

Any opinions?

I know... I'm a wicked paranoid momma :roll:

A couple of days ago:

About a week and a half ago:

The day I got him:

See less See more
#7 ·
DQ- I don't know... when I first got him and posted the pic above, I was told no. But he looks so much like some dragons I have seen pics of and he is VERY iridescent with definite dual coloring - gold on top, red underneath... He was a petco find so of course there was no info on him :-/

what do you think?? I don't know..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.