Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-19-2010, 06:43 AM   #1 
Neelie

you think your betta likes music? :)

just gonna throw this in and see what ye think.

ye think music influences your betta(s)? i love listening to music in the sitting room where all my fish are... i wonder if they listen too? i know my cat ran for cover when i listened to rock, but loved classical music and soft movie soundtracks!

also, do ye relate any specific songs with your betta or betta in general? like, the song that was on when ye bought him or something personally, i looped the tracks from slumdog millionaire for a while once while watching my betta for hours... so everytime i hear it i think bout betta LOL. is that weird?
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:47 AM   #2 
sstacy19

Don't think Spiderfish really likes it..but it is loud in his room when I play it so I can hear it through the house. My horses on the other hand love music. My Horse Chance who I lost a few years ago would literally dance to the beat! Sad to say that his favorite song was Mambo number 5! LOL..man he would move to that song. I will let you know if the other boys like it (bettas)as soon as I figure it out, I listen to a classical cd to sleep at night.
sstacy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:16 AM   #3 
ThePearlFish

I am not sure about my Betta, but I know my Lizard loves it (he loves music that have awesome big beats) and when I had Rats who had health issues they loved classical. So, I could definitely see Bettas or their fish loving different types of music.

~TPF
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 12:13 PM   #4 
Jupiter

I don't really play music, so I don't know. They hate the sound of the vacuum, though!
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:36 PM   #5 
Neelie

yeah i dunno how bettas hear sounds through the glass/plastic or if they even have ears or just feel the beats... hhmmmm research required!

my old red veiltail used to love all sorts of pop! im not joking and he loved fleetwood mac!! how strange! he'd swim up and down the glass all happy and busy (but not histerically), then when the song was over he'd pause till the next one came on... i have no idea why or how....

@stacy; yeah horses love music! i use to ride some dressage and my mum's mare, an old champ so to speak would really get into the routine if the music suited and was good! im sorry to hear bout your loss btw... i have a piebald mare too and she's not the healthiest... my mum's mare is now 28 years old too...

@TPF; well i suppose music has the same effect on animals than humans... somewhat anyways... at least thats what it seems like!

@jupiter; haha, dont we all hate that sound tho!!!! my vacuum cleaner makes the most hidious whistling sound caus its old and broken!!! ill wait another while with that because i dont want to frighten my new guys lol
Old 02-19-2010, 06:30 PM   #6 
BettaxFishxCrazy

My rooms pretty quiet but when my sister and I turn the music up to dance, it doesn't seem to phase my fish. But, if we're jumping up and down like little kids, I'm sure they get upset when their water moves.lol Awww I miss having horses...hopefully when I move out I'll be able to own a couple again.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:01 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

I never really paid any attention to whether my bettas like music or not. I've always got the radio on.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:42 PM   #8 
SterlingX123

I'm pretty sure my betta is a Beatles fan. :D
SterlingX123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:15 PM   #9 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstacy19 View Post
Don't think Spiderfish really likes it..but it is loud in his room when I play it so I can hear it through the house. My horses on the other hand love music. My Horse Chance who I lost a few years ago would literally dance to the beat! Sad to say that his favorite song was Mambo number 5! LOL..man he would move to that song. I will let you know if the other boys like it (bettas)as soon as I figure it out, I listen to a classical cd to sleep at night.

Great horse, bad taste
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:29 PM   #10 
Neelie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romad View Post
Great horse, bad taste
lol your such a meanie! i like that song too lol

@sterling; who doesn't like the beetles!

@DQ; jeesus your fish must know every song out there so
my radio is on alot too... except when im in college of course.
dont think it annoys them anyways when it is on...