Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-14-2010, 10:48 PM   #1 
FuulieQ

That's a LOT of poop. O_o

For a tiny fish, Friedrich sure does poop a lot.

I was suspicious for a while because he's been eating a lot, but I never saw any poop. I wondered where it all went. He didn't look bloated or anything, so I put it out of my mind.

Today I thought he was behaving oddly, so I decided to clean the water early this week. It looked less than welcoming anyways. So I did a 60% change.

Well, apparently he only poops in this ONE spot behind his rock. So really that giant clump had been fouling the water this whole time, which is why the water has gotten so dirty so fast. I kept changing it but never got to that lump behind there, since I couldn't see it.

Do they always do that? O_o Choose one spot to poop? I thought bettas were indiscriminate poopers.

Eew.
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:41 AM   #2 
1fish2fish

I've never heard of a betta doing that but my mystery snails love to pick one spot to poo.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:38 AM   #3 
BettaxFishxCrazy

None of my bettas do that, but as long as he's still healthy I wouldn't worry about it. It's probably because he's always near that rock.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:13 AM   #4 
FuulieQ

Huh, I guess I just have a weird betta.

Really, 1fish? Your SNAILS do that?!
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:20 AM   #5 
Noko

lol, if my bettas were to poop in the same spot, cleaning their tank would be easier. All the girls I have seem to go to the bathroom a lot, so only having to worry about them going to the bathroom in the same spot would make my life just a little bit easier.

My dog will only go to the bathroom near the back fence. He doesn't want to worry about stepping on anything when he is running around.
Noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:21 AM   #6 
1fish2fish

Yeah.. I don't know if they actually pick the spot but the day after I feed them they poop a lot and one usually stays under the filter and the other near the heater and thats usually where the majority of the poo in my tank is.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:54 AM   #7 
vaygirl

I've honestly NEVER seen my betta poop or seen his poop in the tank. Not for any of them. Is that weird?
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:00 PM   #8 
1fish2fish

I hardly ever see them poop but when I vacuum the gravel something comes up LOL
Old 02-15-2010, 12:48 PM   #9 
Noko

I haven't seen any of my girls go to the bathroom. Looking at the bottom of their cup though, they go a lot! Yes, they are still in their cups from the store, but I put fresh water in, and filled it almost all the way up. I even put some plastic plants next to each cup, and put a shiny gem in each one.
Noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:43 AM   #10 
Neelie

never heard that either lol probably his fav spot so thats where it collects... eeew

i never see mine poop either... tis' weird! i remember when i was small i had 2 goldfish and god they did some amount of pooping!!! gross!
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote