Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Show Bettas
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-25-2014, 05:11 AM   #51 
Vergil

It's pretty much a pet fair of sorts not limited to just bettas but Asian Betta Alliance attends it. They have a registration booth and either the seminar happens there or on a separate date. There are pet expos usually around December so I'm planning to go to one.

I'm looking at show types since I've had a CT before that looked like a tattered pompom in the absence of fin damage so I want a nice even spread and if possible a cross ray. I've looked at the commercial sellers and their stocks don't really appeal to me - most have rays that are too thin or are already curling.

If I can't find the fish I want at least I can be directed to someone who has what I'm looking for.
Vergil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:41 AM   #52 
Basement Bettas

Good CT's are hard. They are a pain to breed because the fins curl so not a market with the serious breeders. And most others seem to be into the colorful PK's these days. Got to daily watch AB.. and know what you are looking for. Nice thing is they can be had for reasonable price.
Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:43 AM   #53 
Basement Bettas

This was a recent import for me.. he is a bit mean and has been eating eggs. Got to try something else. Will breed him to a show female when they get back from Convention next week..

Old 06-26-2014, 02:04 AM   #54 
brian c
Banned

i know this is not related but i have to say it and sorry but WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY!!
brian c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:13 AM   #55 
Vergil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Bettas View Post
Good CT's are hard. They are a pain to breed because the fins curl so not a market with the serious breeders. And most others seem to be into the colorful PK's these days. Got to daily watch AB.. and know what you are looking for. Nice thing is they can be had for reasonable price.
Why I'm trying to get in the Asian and local betta scene. Shipping within this area amongst these breeders costs about an equivalent of 3-5USD or pickups can be arranged. AB is nice but with the shipping, my money travels less.
Vergil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:13 AM   #56 
Basement Bettas

Well.. develop your eye and learn the standards. They may or may not have show type quality.