Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-21-2010, 07:39 PM   #11 
nochoramet

What happened to Ember?
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:53 PM   #12 
1fish2fish

Unfortunately I just couldn't afford the shipping. Since I don't have a job.. everything goes through my parents and I couldn't convince them to fork over the shipping. It sounds really bad but in their minds paying $10 shipping for a free fish isn't worth it :(

The only reason I was able to get Demetri (thats my new guy's name.. I've decided) was because all the fish were 50% off (probably because they were all half dead).. so he only cost like $2 and my mom was able to see what horrible condition they were in.. she felt sorry for them. (I also think she was trying to cheer me up bc I'd been having a sucky weekend).

I really hope Ember finds a new home that is just as good if not better than what I was going to give him. Vikki already knows how sorry I am that I couldn't take him in.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:15 PM   #13 
dramaqueen
Banned

1f2f, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you to get Ember.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:20 PM   #14 
nochoramet

Well that stinks... I'm sorry. I bet your new fish will give you a lot of fun though!
Old 02-21-2010, 08:28 PM   #15 
1fish2fish

Thanks DQ and Nochoramet :) I feel bad I couldn't take Ember but I think it was fate.. I wasn't able to take ember but he'll still go to a loving home.. but I was able to take in Demetri and rescue him from ending up like the other bettas he was with :(.. I wish I could have taken every single betta at that petsmart... many of them were beyond help but I bet some could be saved
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:23 PM   #16 
nochoramet

Yup that's a good way to look at it. Even though you couldn't take Ember, Vikki wouldn't give him to someone that didn't know what they were doing. So you gave Demetri a loving home when he might not have ended up so lucky if Ember came to you!
I went to a PetCo the other day and there was about 4 fish that I wanted to rescue so bad. A red delta, a HUGE king betta, a beautiful purple crowntail, and a red veiltail. But alas, I would have NO ROOM. I felt sorry for those guys...