Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-21-2010, 05:37 AM   #1 
Neelie

feeding routine! what do you feed? when? and how?

well, i met some very picky, bad eaters in my betta time.
what's your betta like with food? how do you feed it?
and when do you feed what? special treats etc?

my routine is fairly time consuming and it also means no one else can feed them lol

at weekends i feed in the morning, during te week when i have college ill feed them around 5pm.
monday is fast day... i hate having college on monday and usually get up too late and then do something fun afterwards...

draco eats only brine shrimp and bloodworms in jelly (whoever invented that was an idiot!)... it pollutes the water quickly though, so i hold the lil tube with the food over the surface and let him bite bits off. he wont eat anything else, so thats pretty much his only food...

salmon only takes flakes (daphnia)... he's still to shy to eat like draco and my pellets sink too fast for him realise its food. the flakes float forever and he takes them whenever he feels like it... its the easiest way of feeding though. he will take blood worms in very small bits when they are right infront of him... maybe in time he'll eat from hand... he's VERY shy

ghost will take flakes (daphnia) and bloodworms and brine shrimp. same as draco, from the surface. he munches it down nicely. not a picky eater like salmon.

the girls get something different every day! they eat everything and are tame so will eat from hand. they are well behaved too and will let each other eat i drop in some extra pellets to sink for the cory's after the girls are full.

after feeding i leave them digest for a few hours... usually let them flare for an hour then.
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:38 AM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Mine are fed 2 pellets in the morning and 2 at night. Mondays daphnia, wednesdays brine shrimp and fridays bloodworms.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:51 AM   #3 
doggyhog

2 pellets in the morning and two at night. Except for my BIG guys, they get three. :)

I feed blood worms twice a week, and live brine shrimp once a week. Ya... they're spoiled... :D
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:49 PM   #4 
Noko

I feed three of my four girls 2 pellets in the morning, 2 at night. The smallest one I have I was feeding 2 small two times a day, but now she is one 2 regular pellets in the morning, one at night. I accidentally dropped a few in her cup (still in quarantine) so she didn't get any food the next day. They all are pigs and already know when I walk into my bathroom (I use it because of the light) it's either feeding time, or I am just walking in there to wash my hands.
Noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:50 PM   #5 
aunt kymmie
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Mine are fed 2 pellets in the morning and 2 at night. Mondays daphnia, wednesdays brine shrimp and fridays bloodworms.
+1- we feed the exact same way! LOL
aunt kymmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:40 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

Great minds think alike! lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:43 PM   #7 
Emmilyy

My bettas recently died - but they were all great eaters! In the mornings they would eat a couple pellets, and a dried bloodworm, and at night they'd eat the same thing. every couple days they got frozen blood worm, and they'd gobble those up right away! They also loved flake.
Emmilyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:43 PM   #8 
BettaxFishxCrazy

I just feed mine 2-3 pellets twice a day. 2-3 in the morning and 2 at night. I fast them on Saturdays.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:18 PM   #9 
1fish2fish

My big boys get 3 pellets twice a day (the new little guy will get two). Once a week (friday or saturday) they get two feedings of live brine shrimp. The day after the brine shrimp they get fasted. I sporadically feed tropical fish flakes or blood worms...

I don't have a set schedule for feeding really.. just how I feel on a certain day.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:06 PM   #10 
Jessafall

i am researching all about betta's till i decide to get 2 betta's. how do know how many pellets or flakes to feed them each feeding. does the size of the betta tell you?
Jessafall is offline   Reply With Quote