Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-21-2010, 08:13 PM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

Y would feed them 2-3 pellets twice a day.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:15 AM   #12 
Neelie

pellets are very popular a see! only my females and corys eat them... the boys are all eating bloodworms and brine shrimp now... i hate giving in like that but id rather do that and have them starve...
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:51 AM   #13 
1fish2fish

Watch out for how much bloodworm you feed. Even the frozen ones can cause constipation.. as can brine shrimp. Have you tried presoaking the pellets? Sometimes bettas don't like the hard ones.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:41 AM   #14 
Neelie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
Watch out for how much bloodworm you feed. Even the frozen ones can cause constipation.. as can brine shrimp. Have you tried presoaking the pellets? Sometimes bettas don't like the hard ones.
yeah im keeping a very close eye on how much of the stuff they get and how their digestion is. dont need much of the jelly stuff caus it has added vitamins and stuff in it so fairly rich they like the daphnia also...

yeah i have tried it! tried making them smaller, soaking them etc... they just dont seem to like them. they're called tetra. kinda red round pellets the size of a sugar grain. the females LOVE them though...
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:59 AM   #15 
1fish2fish

I haven't tried the tetra pellets. All my guys love the TopFin brand ones. But mine have never been picky eaters.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:17 PM   #16 
FancyFins

Mine fast on Wednesday and get 2 pellets each in the AM, in the PM I was alternating between freeze dried blood worms (rehydrated) and frozen brine shrimp. Guess I should cut back on the goodies? oops!
FancyFins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:39 PM   #17 
Jupiter

I feed mine as soon as I wake up (usually around 9) and feed them when I get home from school (around 7).

Mondays and Wednesdays they get 2 TopFin pellets each. Tuesdays and Thursdays they get Wardleys, but I often have to crush just one or two for each betta. Those pellets are BIG!

They get freeze-dried brine shrimp on Fridays and fasted on the weekend.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:41 PM   #18 
zoragen

My guy at work get 2 pellets in the am & 2 in the pm - Aqueon & HBH Betta Bites. He's always been a chow hound. I'm going to take in some frozen blood worms to see how he likes them. So he gets fasted on the weekend. I do give him an extra pellet before I leave on Fri & an extra one on Mon am.

My guy at home gets the same. He wasn't sure about the pellets when I first got him but now loves them. I tried the blood worms w/ him & he wasn't interested!

I'm going to try again.
zoragen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:08 PM   #19 
xgoingdownx

I feed my boy 2-3 pellets in the morning [which is whenever I wake up lol] and flakes at night, usually after I come back from eating. Fridays is his treat day- bloodworms at night :) He gets fasted whenever I go home on the weekends and my roommate isn't here to feed him. [I always feel bad about leaving him, but taking him back for a day and then traveling again is just too much stress!]
xgoingdownx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:06 PM   #20 
Jupiter

I just bought my bettas freeze dried blood worms today, and they loved it! Even more than their brine shrimp, I think. :)
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote