Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-20-2010, 09:54 PM   #1 
veganchick

Downsizing....

well long storey short, I am moving to a smaller room and I have to fit all me fish tanks in there (exept for my 2 display ones) so all my males will have to be moved to 5g and smaller exept Jasper who gets to stay in his nice planted ten gallon on display. My female rescues are all well enough to gowith eachother now so I am going to keep thm all and just put them in a 55g sorrity display tank (where I will move all community tank fish fromboth 10g tanks also) (there are about 15 left). The male rescues are all doing well (17 left) and they will be kept in my closet shelves... My own female and male bettas will each haev their own tank. I don't have that much space, I don't like divided tanks, and I need good ideas on 8 betta settups. I also need to know what to do with my 30gs worth of ghost shrimp. I think I have about 150..... I was thinking 2-3 for each bettas tank and the rest in the sorrority..... I still have 5 bala sharks and some platies left over and I need a way to consume the least amount of space possible while giving all of my fish lots of room..... Help?
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:47 PM   #2 
veganchick

Well I think I am gonna go with 4 3.5g critter keepers for the females.... Then Idk about the males. I want 5g each but there isnt enough room for that
Old 02-21-2010, 04:47 PM   #3 
ScuitoAmi150

Wow, that is a lot of ghost shrimp! Maybe you could get the 2g kritter keepers (I think they have a 2g)
ScuitoAmi150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:27 PM   #4 
veganchick

Ok thx... yah I forgot to mention uncycled is better because I would prefer not to have to recycle 40 billion tiny tanks, and my new room has a bathroom connected to it anyway.......I generally give the males more room than the females just because of their size and finnage so maybe the females could go in 2g critter keepers and the males in 3.5g ones? I think that would fit.... I could do 1 ghost shrimp with each female and 3 with each male..... I really need lightweight and easy to carry tanks. Would 2g critter keepers or 2.5g drum bowls be better? (they take up about the same amount of space but I'm not sure....)