Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-05-2014, 02:36 PM   #1 
NorthernLights

Nobody told my betta THAT!

I thought it might be fun to have a thread about bettas that act in ways that we don't expect, or contrary to what is common for betta fish, sometimes to our chagrin, and sometimes to make us laugh. These fish are individuals, and that's what makes them so special! I know there are some really great stories on here of fish that just don't behave as expected. You can include non-betta tank makes of your bettas, too.

To any beginners reading this, please do not assume your fish are likely to do any of these things. You may find out some exceptions of your own, but give your fish time and proper care.

I'll start:

* Odysseus did not think that his own reflection or the presence of another male was anything to flare about.

* Galahad never had the slightest interest in foods containing garlic.

*Alexander Nevsky doesn't think my mystery snail's long wavy tentacles are interesting, much less something to bite.
NorthernLights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:30 PM   #2 
BlueLacee

Location: Colorado Rockies, the Land of Skiing, Festivals, and Incredibly Rich
Wakes up every morning, rolls out of their favroite plant and flares at rock which has not moved at all in the last three months. I give up
BlueLacee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:33 PM   #3 
Asteig86

Nap with his Cory's. Caught him red handed (finned?)

"My cory! MINE."
Asteig86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:05 PM   #4 
Sathori

Owning Grey, my marble DeT betta, is always an adventure...

What? I'm not suppose to rip out my tail in chunks? But it's so fun to watch you pull your hair out when I do it....
Name:  IMG_4428.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  32.2 KB

What do you mean "It's not nice to steal the corydora's food and move it to a different side of the tank, playing keep away.."? You're not fun at all...
Name:  IMG_4572.jpg
Views: 751
Size:  59.1 KB

What's that? I'm suppose to be blue/black and white? Nah, I think I'll chew off my tail and grow it back red. It's spring after all.
Name:  IMG_4909.jpg
Views: 750
Size:  41.8 KB

And Natsu is suppose to be a Veiltail, but any time his tail grows out to a certain length, he trims it back up. He's letting his ventrals grow out SUPER long though. They're almost past his tail when he has them tucked up.
Name:  IMG_4698.jpg
Views: 750
Size:  32.6 KB
Sathori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:16 PM   #5 
ricepattyfish5

Yes I am aware that you are 300 times my size and yes I realize that you are the only way that I will eat. I also know that if you really wanted to you could pick us both up in a heart beat, but I won't move and I'll just lay here and flare anyway, just so you know that I'm not scared of you. Good luck human -- you'll give up.

By the way, I know you gave me a 2.5 gallon tank to swim and have fun in and even gave me a nice temple to go in and out of, but I think I will stay on these two leaves placed RIGHT below the water line and stay there even when I am laying half out of the water. I am that stubborn.
Attached Images

ricepattyfish5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:48 PM   #6 
nclnchls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricepattyfish5 View Post
Yes I am aware that you are 300 times my size and yes I realize that you are the only way that I will eat. I also know that if you really wanted to you could pick us both up in a heart beat, but I won't move and I'll just lay here and flare anyway, just so you know that I'm not scared of you. Good luck human -- you'll give up.

By the way, I know you gave me a 2.5 gallon tank to swim and have fun in and even gave me a nice temple to go in and out of, but I think I will stay on these two leaves placed RIGHT below the water line and stay there even when I am laying half out of the water. I am that stubborn.
Hahaha!! This made me laugh, your betta is so silly haha.
nclnchls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:48 AM   #7 
aselvarial

ricepattyfish5, he is so totally giving you a fish glare! that is hilarious!
aselvarial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:36 AM   #8 
Rosebud975

Ha ha ha, my betta bob doesn't care about his own reflection, no flaring just swims past, yet when I put a tiny little pond snail in Bob goes mental flaring and attacking the poor creature, the last one got nudged on the current for an hour before my little guy got bored and ripped the poor thing out of its shell before eating it and then giving me a look saying: " you just spent 4 on a lunch for me, any more?"
Before swimming into his cave, the little devil...
Rosebud975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:04 AM   #9 
ricepattyfish5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nclnchls View Post
Hahaha!! This made me laugh, your betta is so silly haha.
lol!! Well that's what he does every single day!!! My grumpy old man lol!!! I can't help but laugh at him and all he does is glare and flare!! :)
Old 04-08-2014, 08:05 AM   #10 
ricepattyfish5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aselvarial View Post
ricepattyfish5, he is so totally giving you a fish glare! that is hilarious!
haha!! I know!! he always does -- every day!! lolz!!