Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-24-2010, 10:12 PM   #1 
goldyboy

Cleaning Time

People are generally surpised when I tell them I clean 12 bowls every 3 days.

"OMG, that's waaay too much work."

It really isn't though, longest it's ever taken was 30 mins total. Murdoch was being a butt and I couldn't catch him for a few minutes. (If he weren't so pretty...)

Generally I average about a minute or two a bowl. When you consider the care and cleaning of any other animal even 30 mins is nothing.

Heck my guinea pig is the real chore around here. lol

How about you guys? What's your cleaning time like?
goldyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:14 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I do 2-3 a day. Sometimes it can be a chore if I have too much going on at once but its worth it. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:06 AM   #3 
SaylorKennedy

Probably takes me like 45 minutes for my 10 gallon, but I'm slow and rearrange things all the time. :P But that includes cleaning up too.
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:42 AM   #4 
ScuitoAmi150

I think is takes about 3 minutes for me to syphon out 2g from my 10g. I do that 1-2 times a week (I still haven't decided what it a good amount). Then it takes me 6 minutes to fill it back up (I have to use our water filter because the tap is gross lately).
-Then it takes me about 5 minutes for all of my 1g (I have three). I do 50% water changes twice a week and one 100% change.
ScuitoAmi150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:15 AM   #5 
fishmadcraig

Generally depends on how chilled i am at the time. I prefer to do it when nobodys around so that nothing gets in my way. 15 minutes in the minimum it takes me to clean the 10 gallon tank, But that's because i have to go downstairs since my mum is always spraying detergents and bleach on the upstairs bathroom sink to keep it clean and I don't fancy getting that in my tank.

The goldfish and frogs have a 40g each and they can take me up to two hours each since i like to syphon the gravel very precisely and get all of the waste out so that i know there all good :)
fishmadcraig is offline   Reply With Quote